Nuclear Reactor problem

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dragorrod

Jul 29, 2019
Hello!

I have setup a nuclear reactor in my long running ultimate modpack game, and for some reason, it does not output energy to the attached cables... I see it working (becoming red) but dont know why it is not outputting.

It is probably a stupid mistake... it is built in a myst world at the bedrock layer, attached screenshots, any clue?
NuclearReactor1.png
NuclearReactor2.png

Exe19

Jul 29, 2019
No redstone signal?
MFSU is full?
Massfab immediatly eats every bit of energy?
Greg did some "balancing"?

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Set a lever right next to the reactor, flip it. Problem solved :D I actually have a post from a couple weeks ago with this exact problem. :p

Dragorrod

Jul 29, 2019
The signal gets to the reactor, i have a switch on the other side and it turns onj/off (becomes red)
MSFU is totally empty
Massfab is not fabing anything sadly... EU reader also says 0 EU is passing through the cables... but everything in the reactor is getting damaged when it's on

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
The signal gets to the reactor, i have a switch on the other side and it turns onj/off (becomes red)
MSFU is totally empty
Massfab is not fabing anything sadly... EU reader also says 0 EU is passing through the cables... but everything in the reactor is getting damaged when it's on
That's strange. Try disconnecting the MFS and use the EU Reader again.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
There is a config somewhere that makes reactors output steam instead of EU. Not sure if it is in IC2 config or if it is something railcraft adds. Not sure how it would have gotten changed, but I can't really think of anything else. Your setup looks right.

Dragorrod

Jul 29, 2019
Well then, i just plugged a liquiduct in there and it's full of steam, ill go check the config when im back home, you have been of a great help!

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Glad that worked cus i was truly at a loss. Then I remebered they had that issue on one of the early forgecraft servers when boilers and steam were still fairly new. Steam didn't work well with them since the steam turbines only put out 100 EU. They worked much better outputting EU directly. In 1.5.2, they might be more viable to use a reactor for steam since the turbines output 200 EU.

Dragorrod

Jul 29, 2019
With Power Converters, you can convert it pretty easily, i use steam all the time to move around energy in tesseracts, but in this case i really just want it to power my massfab