Nuclear power and advanced tech. The good, the bad, and the mentally unstable (aka the USSR).

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

psp

Jul 29, 2019
lol
My point is how often are you ill? Do you consider it normal to go to the doctors and get antibiotics that interfere with your body's internal bacteria? I do not, which is why I consider achieving actual good health to be a better way to go about your life rather than taking pills that supposedly give you better health.

Do you know why you don't get those sicknesses? Because all the sensible people got immunizations (i.e your parents and everyone else) so now you haven't and most likely wont be exposed to any dangerous illness. (excluding 3 world countries)

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
I am never ill or very rarely. having heathy lifestyle does not mean I can't take vacancies. I eat well, exercise etc but at the same time I have immunisation tk most of the shit out tgere working in heath are indusfry makes it no brainer and is even equired for some things. An when I am ill I go to doctors and take whatever the guy who spend last 6 years studying medicine and practising it for few more years tells me to.Because I trust him over any other uneducated pretend expert anytime.

imthatguyjordan

Jul 29, 2019
Yes quite amazing actually I believe it was 4x normal backround fukishima gave the east coast of the U.S.? Let me do the math on that....
0*4= Nothing is fucking wrong.
Just know that everything you read may or may not be the truth and that you should always be skeptical of numbers that are thrown around. I honestly don't understand how people can just accept everything they're told just because it is from someone in a position of authority. I've never really had a good experience with people in authority.. ask any of my teachers that tried to challenge me, they will back my claims up;)[DOUBLEPOST=1401633384][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am never ill or very rarely. having heathy lifestyle does not mean I can't take vacancies. I eat well, exercise etc but at the same time I have immunisation tk most of the shit out tgere working in heath are indusfry makes it no brainer and is even equired for some things. An when I am ill I go to doctors and take whatever the guy who spend last 6 years studying medicine and practising it for few more years tells me to.Because I trust him over any other uneducated pretend expert anytime.
Eh, modern medicine seems too damaging for my liking. Sources: every single anti-depressant[DOUBLEPOST=1401633446][/DOUBLEPOST]
lol

Do you know why you don't get those sicknesses? Because all the sensible people got immunizations (i.e your parents and everyone else) so now you haven't and most likely wont be exposed to any dangerous illness. (excluding 3 world countries)
my family does not get immunizations either, fyi, however they do get sick.

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
Just know that everything you read may or may not be the truth and that you should always be skeptical of numbers that are thrown around. I honestly don't understand how people can just accept everything they're told just because it is from someone in a position of authority. I've never really had a good experience with people in authority.. ask any of my teachers that tried to challenge me, they will back my claims up;)

That is just plain stupid. there are hundreds of independent research labs if government was lieing about numbers there would be outcray from them. you are lacking of logical arguments and try to apeal to emotions and we are here talking facts. unless you can show hard on evidence that exposure from fukoshima was higher than official figures you argument is worthless to me and any intelligent person reading it.

damagingbill

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps learn why the fuck people are in authority? People either get to authority through blood shed and fear which is easy to spot, or through intelligence and respect, which is also easy to spot.
Why don't we ignore to nasa and say the moon is made of chtulu's pubic hairs? Because it is fucking ridiculous and nasa has sent people and rovers there to explore it.
And being skeptical of number.... Ok I will now no longer use numbers oh wise one!
"How many litres of fuel do we need to get to the moon? We need bananas in fuel!" It is fucking impossible to ignore numbers and still be sensible.
No can you make an arguement please?

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
I'm curious about this mysterious free energy that South Africans are theorised to have been using 1000s of years ago (if they had all of this power maybe they should have done us all a solid and kicked off industrialisation sooner).

Nuclear fission still seems to be a good medium term energy solution to me. Not to mention shale oil.

Solar has been criticised here already
Wind: I like to call them eco-crucifixes. Still don't produce much. Requires huge subsidies. Scars landscape. Probably more dangerous to birds than DDT.
Biofuel: Sucks up good agricultural land that should probably be producing food.

I hear nuclear plants tend to attract big government subsidies too but at least they reliably produce power. (I would rather buy Uranium from Canada and Australia than gas from Russia or Oil from the persian gulf too). Meanwhile I hear nothing but good things coming from the US shale industry. I can't wait for the British government and annoying campaigners to get out the way so we can start exploiting our reserves.

imthatguyjordan

Jul 29, 2019
That is just plain stupid. there are hundreds of independent research labs if government was lieing about numbers there would be outcray from them. you are lacking of logical arguments and try to apeal to emotions and we are here talking facts. unless you can show hard on evidence that exposure from fukoshima was higher than official figures you argument is worthless to me and any intelligent person reading it.
Official figures give by members of Tepco, the company with everything to lose. I would rather not trust those figures thanks as that is logical reasoning.

Perhaps learn why the fuck people are in authority? People either get to authority through blood shed and fear which is easy to spot, or through intelligence and respect, which is also easy to spot.
Why don't we ignore to nasa and say the moon is made of chtulu's pubic hairs? Because it is fucking ridiculous and nasa has sent people and rovers there to explore it.
And being skeptical of number.... Ok I will now no longer use numbers oh wise one!
"How many litres of fuel do we need to get to the moon? We need bananas in fuel!" It is fucking impossible to ignore numbers and still be sensible.
No can you make an arguement please?
There were teachers at my school no more intelligent than I; It's obviously not too hard to be in a position of authority, especially if you have the money for it.
Skeptical of numbers that have an adverse effect on someones bank account, not something that is unimportant. Taking things quite literal aren't you?[DOUBLEPOST=1401634024][/DOUBLEPOST]
as to damaging of moder medicine. can you supply scientific proof as to be honest I don't give a shit about your liking.
google it, the internet is your friend

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
I am trained paramedic don't have to google it to know you are talking nonsense. also if you supply theory it is your job to back it up by facts.

As to fukoshima figures Tepco given them but don't you thinkthat quite a few independent experts verify them. so once again no proof and just your gut feeling and conspiracy theory.

imthatguyjordan

Jul 29, 2019
I'm curious about this mysterious free energy that South Africans are theorised to have been using 1000s of years ago (if they had all of this power maybe they should have done us all a solid and kicked off industrialisation sooner).

Nuclear fission still seems to be a good medium term energy solution to me. Not to mention shale oil.

Solar has been criticised here already
Wind: I like to call them eco-crucifixes. Still don't produce much. Requires huge subsidies. Scars landscape. Probably more dangerous to birds than DDT.
Biofuel: Sucks up good agricultural land that should probably be producing food.

I hear nuclear plants tend to attract big government subsidies too but at least they reliably produce power. (I would rather buy Uranium from Canada and Australia than gas from Russia or Oil from the persian gulf too). Meanwhile I hear nothing but good things coming from the US shale industry. I can't wait for the British government and annoying campaigners to get out the way so we can start exploiting our reserves.
Theorized to have been used, still needs more evidence to support it but it's very, very interesting nonetheless. My stance on fission has already been made here, so no point me going further into that. Cold fusion could be an acceptable alternative however. Fossil fuels are not something I am interested in as I would rather something to sustain for generations to come. Wind is meh, as is hydroelectric power and any other sorts of green/clean energy we have so far. Biofuel could be sustainable and efficient through GMO crops but they, as it is right now, are too unreliable and damaging to the environment around them. Hemp could be a decent biofuel source though. I would rather produce my own energy, than pay energy companies for something as essential as power.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Official figures give by members of Tepco, the company with everything to lose. I would rather not trust those figures thanks as that is logical reasoning.

There were teachers at my school no more intelligent than I; It's obviously not too hard to be in a position of authority, especially if you have the money for it.
Skeptical of numbers that have an adverse effect on someones bank account, not something that is unimportant. Taking things quite literal aren't you?[DOUBLEPOST=1401634024][/DOUBLEPOST]
google it, the internet is your friend
Blind distrust can be as damaging as blind trust. Don't know much about Tepco or Fukushima, just stating it as a point of principle.

Also you can't just say something like

"I claim that modern medicine is bunk. You can gather the evidence to back up my hypothesis. Meanwhile, take my word for it or be in denial."

imthatguyjordan

Jul 29, 2019
I am trained paramedic don't have to google it to know you are talking nonsense. also if you supply theory it is your job to back it up by facts.

As to fukoshima figures Tepco given them but don't you thinkthat quite a few independent experts verify them. so once again no proof and just your gut feeling and conspiracy theory.
Anti-depressants. If you are a paramedic you would know that they are possibly one of the worst things to come from modern medicine. Also other independent scientists show otherwise, why is it that there are these two differing opinions on numbers?
[DOUBLEPOST=1401634835][/DOUBLEPOST]
Blind distrust can be as damaging as blind trust. Don't know much about Tepco or Fukushima, just stating it as a point of principle.

Also you can't just say something like

"I claim that modern medicine is bunk. You can gather the evidence to back up my hypothesis. Meanwhile, take my word for it or be in denial."
It's important to be able to choose wisely when to trust and when not to. Also I don't feel it is necessary for me to gather information it would take minutes for you to find. Modern medicine isn't the holy grail of our times and blindly following whatever doctors say is just downright moronic.

psp

Jul 29, 2019
Anti-depressants. If you are a paramedic you would know that they are possibly one of the worst things to come from modern medicine. Also other independent scientists show otherwise, why is it that there are these two differing opinions on numbers?
[DOUBLEPOST=1401634835][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's important to be able to choose wisely when to trust and when not to. Also I don't feel it is necessary for me to gather information it would take minutes for you to find. Modern medicine isn't the holy grail of our times and blindly following whatever doctors say is just downright moronic.
Yes, that one example of medicine shows that all medicine is bad and horrible. Yep, sure. Anti-depressants are bad when used bad. Ok, they are very useful if used right and only if prescribed by a doctor. They are shown as bad because idiots take over doses and stuff like that.

imthatguyjordan

Jul 29, 2019
having as alternative suicide I would say they are quite holding quite okay :) I am done for now can some other defender of logic take over from me please.
I know a few depressed people and I can tell you that the meds do not make them any more pleasant. If I were in the state they are I would honestly rather death, it is no way to live.

damagingbill

Jul 29, 2019
I think jordan is likely in the range of 8 years old, as he has given NO information and NO sources.
Also the last I heard of a power generator from africa was a highly explosive generator that used piss for electricity.
Much more dangerous than nuclear.

imthatguyjordan

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, that one example of medicine shows that all medicine is bad and horrible. Yep, sure. Anti-depressants are bad when used bad. Ok, they are very useful if used right and only if prescribed by a doctor. They are shown as bad because idiots take over doses and stuff like that.
Please read things before you speak. Try to find an unbiased source of information rather than some medicine company sponsored agency.

imthatguyjordan

Jul 29, 2019
I think jordan is likely in the range of 8 years old, as he has given NO information and NO sources.
Also the last I heard of a power generator from africa was a highly explosive generator that used piss for electricity.
Much more dangerous than nuclear.
18, and judging by your previous posts you are far less intelligent than I. I have given you the information to research for yourself, rather than tell you and hope you believe me. Also you have not given me any sources for anything you have mentioned.
Theorized to be an energy source, with studies showing that it actually does produce some sort of strange energy that we are unable to do anything with because we simply do not know how. Theorized... I never said that was the definitive solution to the world's power problems.

casilleroatr

Jul 29, 2019
Theorized to have been used, still needs more evidence to support it but it's very, very interesting nonetheless. My stance on fission has already been made here, so no point me going further into that. Cold fusion could be an acceptable alternative however. Fossil fuels are not something I am interested in as I would rather something to sustain for generations to come. Wind is meh, as is hydroelectric power and any other sorts of green/clean energy we have so far. Biofuel could be sustainable and efficient through GMO crops but they, as it is right now, are too unreliable and damaging to the environment around them. Hemp could be a decent biofuel source though. I would rather produce my own energy, than pay energy companies for something as essential as power.
I still don't know what this South African free energy source is, please can you tell me.

Fossil fuels should be something you are interested in. As the saying goes, "You play the hand you are dealt." We can't just reduce our energy consumption (without enormous consequences) and wait until we have a new grid that is safe, reliable, renewable and powerful enough.

As for anti-depressants, like all medicine, they have side-effects. Not all of them have the same side-effects on all people though. Most people will get side-effects but more often than not, the side-effects of the drug are not as bad as the symptoms of the disease the drug is meant to be treating. Finally, if someone is seeking treatment for depression, by getting medication for example, I imagine that they would actually prefer to live, even if they are a numb for awhile.

*I know I already said finally, but another important point is that Doctors will usually prescribe some other therapy to go along with medicine when Depression is diagnosed.

And still, what is this energy source that is theorised to produce some strange energy. Another question. What kind of energy is strange energy? Magic?