Not sure which mod pack to use

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

marsh2907

Jul 29, 2019
I'm unsure which mod pack I want to use. I know alot of people are waiting for EE3 and RP like me too. I am wanting to start a new world but my issue is that if I use "FTB Beta Pack A" which doesn't include some major mods will it cause issues later down the road when the mod pack is updated in that I have to start again from scratch and any time spent playing seems wasted.

What should I do?

Use:
FTB retro SSP (Which doesn't include Thermal Expansion or IC2)
FTB Beta Pack A (Which doesn't yet have EE3 or RP as not released.)
Just have to wait and hope the major mods come out within next week or so. (I know wishful thinking but I just have to)

FlukeSDS

Jul 29, 2019
I guess one thing you could do is just create a world and play. Once RP is ready generate a new Mystcraft world and in there you should be able to find all the world gen that RP adds.

Or you can do like me, which is play now and start over when everything has been finalized.

CFalzone

Jul 29, 2019
If you are worried about the world gen, you could play the Magic Pack as it is pretty much complete. But you don't get all the tech mods. As Fluke said, you could always use Mystcraft worlds for new world gen that comes out as mods are added. Retro is old, unless you want to play through the old FTB maps I would start a new play-through on that. I am playing with the Magic Pack until the main pack gets everything personally. I do have a Beta pack instance I play around in trying out new mods I haven't touched yet though.

marsh2907

Jul 29, 2019
Ye might just have a play on magic pack until update comes for main pack. Never really played it before so something new to try while I wait. Thanks.