Not enough items - No installed plugins

Z

Zawax

Hey guys,
I have an issue with the "Not enough items" Mod in Feed the Beast Lite. The Not enough items bar isn´t shown on the right side of my inventory. So I looked up "Forge Mods" in the main menu. There are all the mods of FTB Lite and when I click on Not enought items there ist just a little description and a big, red text: No installed plugins.

Maybe some of you had the same problems and can help me, because I don´t really like FTB Lite without Not enough items.
Thanks for your attention
Zawax

PS: Excuse me for my bad english, I learned it just a few years in school.
NEI issue.JPG

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
NEI is now an addon to JEI, which means you won't get much info from the NEI tab. That being said, have you tried Ctrl + O? That is the keycombo to hide JEI, and make it reappear when it's hidden.

Z

Zawax

Thank you very much for your quick reply. But when I look up the mods of FTB, I can´t find JEI. Is there another modpack with the same mods like FTB Lite which includes JEI? Or can I just put the JEI plugin into the mods folder and it´ll work? Cause I can just find Minecraft version 1.8 and newer ones.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Short answer: You can drop mods into the mods folder and they'll generally work so long as the versions are correct.

Long answer: Can you clarify which modpack (including version) you're using? That NEI version is really old, which means you might be playing a REALLY old version of the modpack. If that's the case, JEI won't even exist for your version.

I don't see any new FTB Lite packs, except for FTB Infinity Lite, which markets as a "medium" sized pack.

If you're using the old FTB Launcher, you should switch to the new Twitch launcher, which makes downloading and maintaining modpacks much simpler.

Z

Zawax

Well I actually use the Twitch App and as you can see in the screenshot I am playing FTB Lite. But you are right, it is really old. Minecraft Version 1.4.7. So thats why is was worriing about the JEI Plugin if it is just 1.8 or newer. So maybe you´ll have another idea, but thanks for the reply :)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Well I actually use the Twitch App and as you can see in the screenshot I am playing FTB Lite. But you are right, it is really old. Minecraft Version 1.4.7. So thats why is was worriing about the JEI Plugin if it is just 1.8 or newer. So maybe you´ll have another idea, but thanks for the reply :)
Yeah, just to clarify, I knew it was FTB Lite, I just wanted to confirm which one. (I'm guessing its the original since its so old)

If you don't mind "slightly" older packs, you can do FTB Lite 3, which is for version 1.7.10.

I didn't actually know the twitch app worked for 1.4.7 packs, neat :)

Z

Zawax

I have no problems with older versions (maybe that´s why I played Lite on version 1.4.7) but I searched for another modpack because I think nobody knows how to fix the bug with NEI in FTB Lite and I don´t really like Lite 3, there are many mods I do not need and many are not available which I would like to play. And I found a modpack really similar to Lite: Ultimate. And NEI is working really well there. Thanks for all your help :)

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I have no problems with older versions (maybe that´s why I played Lite on version 1.4.7) but I searched for another modpack because I think nobody knows how to fix the bug with NEI in FTB Lite and I don´t really like Lite 3, there are many mods I do not need and many are not available which I would like to play. And I found a modpack really similar to Lite: Ultimate. And NEI is working really well there. Thanks for all your help :)
Ultimate was incredibly popular (but a big pack)

Good luck !

hanniboyBc

Nov 6, 2020
Hello,
now its 2021 and i wanted to play FTB Lite again but now i got the same issue like you Zawax. Were you able to fix the problem in the past? I hope you will see this i love FTB Lite, but like you said without NEI it's not really fun to play.

sandro098

Mar 7, 2021
Hello,
now its 2021 and i wanted to play FTB Lite again but now i got the same issue like you Zawax. Were you able to fix the problem in the past? I hope you will see this i love FTB Lite, but like you said without NEI it's not really fun to play.
I found out a simple way how to fix it. I took the coremods folder from FTB Ultimate and copyed it into the FTB Lite folder. Done, works now^^