Not Another build journal

LuisAdeur

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys , i wanted to show as i progress on my own made modpack.
a bunch of recipes changed to balance the gameplay to my style , the pack is on hardcore
a few of the recipes credit goes to the creator of the modpacks that inspired my recipes to change.

Modpack version 1.7.10
Modlist:
ArmorStatusHud
StatusEffect
AE2Stuff
Applecore
AE2
Aroma Dimensional world
Betterfps
Bigreactors
Buildcraft
Chicken chunks
cofhcore
damage indicators
denseores
enchiridion
enderio
enderstorage
enviromine
extracells
extrautilities
fastcraft
fastleavedecay
floodlights
forestry
hungeroverhaul
inpurecore
inventorytweaks
ironchests
itemphysics
jabba
journymap
mariculture
mekanism
minefactoryreloaded
minetweaker
modtweaker
neiaddons
neiintegration
netherores
NEI
openblocks
optifine
harvestcraft
railcraft
realistic pain
redstone arsenal
simplyjetpacks
solar flux
special mobs
steve carts 2
steves factory manager
thermal dynamics
thermal expansion
thermal foundation
waila
waila harvestability
waila plugins
zombie infection
zombie awareness

Resource pack
SPhax modified 64x

Computer specs:
Intel i7 2.66GHz
8gb ram
video card amd radeon 7600M
SSD 128gb

Since the beginning of creation of modpacks i been wanting to play a certain type of modpack with a certain type of play style , i had fun playing AGS 1st and 2nd , crash landing , blastoff , regrowth , etc.
but some modpacks had mods i didn't want to play with or felt like having them on my play through..
I tested my modpacks for a lot of hours deleted my worlds , made new ones , etc. I'm currently insecure about this modpack because i feel there's something missing , this modpack has no magic mods i felt there's shouldn't be magic and tech in the same modpack. therefor to make it more realistic i took all the magic out and edited few recipes for my own personal use to balance the way i like to play.
a lot of recipes changed here , including the creation of pickaxes low tier for example the only pick you can make at the begging is wooden you have to find certuz quarts and make a pick out of it , there's no cobblestone pickaxe , all pickaxes from all the mods have been disabled, swords too. you will go from wood to iron , except copper sword or pickaxe. Furnance recipe went from being 8 cobblestone to 8 compressed cobblestone from Extrautilities. As you follow my playthrought you will see what recipes changed , I hope you enjoy and leave some ideas , sustainments and/or improvements. Thanks for the time.

Day 1
Spawned on a messa biome , not happy about but we have to go with it.
2015-11-03_07.14.30.png
Logs give 2 planks oh wait what!? , yup that's right folks 4 planks is too OP here. does that means 4 logs to make a chest? YES! :O
2015-11-03_07.14.47.png

Made my first wooden pickaxe , went for a small mining trip to get some cobblestone found out i can't make no stone pickaxe.

2015-11-03_07.15.59.png

After mining some more and asking myself what was going to happen with no cobblestone pickaxe , my ways of obtaining iron or any other ore was difficult i decided to make a furnance to cook some of my raw food from animals , when i found about this...

2015-11-03_07.16.09.png

is not possible

after walking and fighting some mobs i had a bone from one of the skeletons , successfully adopted a dog named max.
2015-11-03_07.32.31.png

Day 2

made a bed slept through the night , found myself on the second day on a unknown place not knowing what else has changed.
Mined some certuz quart and made a pickaxe
2015-11-03_10.46.22.png

After some mining and some struggle with mobs i finally made it to a point where i got enough cobblestone to create my first furnance yay!.

2015-11-03_10.52.01.png

Long night.... hunger is rising , mobs are trying to kill me no protection , only my sword made out of copper not good enough to fight all this mobs.

2015-11-03_11.12.09.png

upcoming next , Mining trip stay tuned folks.