Not able to make the wand of the adept?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

advorange

Jul 29, 2019
I have all of the research done up to "Unified Thaumic Field Theory" and this set up:
Ry8IyGU.png
I am also feeding the crucible near it Vis Shards.

I have the recipe right in the crafting table, it shows me it needs Praecantatio.

What am I supposed to do?!

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
You have to have a wand in the table (you'll see it floating above it), and another to use in the recipe.

Chre903

Jul 29, 2019
Bad angle, is the Crucible empty? Don't right click the stuff out, it needs to bee in the Crucible.
And also, you need a second Wand in the Infusion Alter to craft the new one.

ThemsAllTook

Jul 29, 2019
lol @ Horrible Baby Spider Tree waypoint

If you have a wand of the apprentice in the wand slot of the infusion altar, as well as one in its crafting grid, you should see a wand floating on the altar and particles coming off the crucible going into the altar. Once an aspect of the recipe has been satisfied, it'll stop pulsating and turn fully opaque in the bottom part of the infusion altar. Rather than spending nonrenewable vis shards in your crucible, you could get the praecantatio the recipe needs from 16 chiseled sandstone. You'll get some extra solum and saxum spilling out as flux, but it's much cheaper than using shards.

advorange

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, I find it odd that you need two wands. And then you also need the crucible with the aspect.

Vovk

Jul 29, 2019
yup. 1 wand to channel the power, 1 wand to transform, a source of the aspects, and the raw materials to infuse.

later on you can have a stupid high tier wand in the table and just use apprentice wands to make ice/lightning/excavation/fire/exchange. In that sense, the 2 wands does make sense.

thecheesethatbites

Jul 29, 2019
lol @ Horrible Baby Spider Tree waypoint

If you have a wand of the apprentice in the wand slot of the infusion altar, as well as one in its crafting grid, you should see a wand floating on the altar and particles coming off the crucible going into the altar. Once an aspect of the recipe has been satisfied, it'll stop pulsating and turn fully opaque in the bottom part of the infusion altar. Rather than spending nonrenewable vis shards in your crucible, you could get the praecantatio the recipe needs from 16 chiseled sandstone. You'll get some extra solum and saxum spilling out as flux, but it's much cheaper than using shards.

Actually, shards are renuable because you can use crystal clusters to overcharge your node, which than makes infused stone out of stone.

Vovk

Jul 29, 2019
on that note, am I right in saying that it only infuses ores once you have 100 extra vis in the aura?

so you would need 1000 aura to overcharge 10% to 1100 in order to start infusing stone?

thecheesethatbites

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not actually sure, but it's probably that as the node will eat up infused stone, turning it into dull stone when it's aura levels are low.

EDIT :: That is, eating it up to boost it's own aura levels

Also, having lots of crystal clusters means a higher efficiency, so go to mystcraft, pillage shards, come back and make your own place regen aura quickly =D

Vovk

Jul 29, 2019
I know that the largest node in a loaded area will supply the smaller nodes as needed, then when it needs to recharge, will use infused stone (make it dull) for either 40 or 100 vis (not sure)

I thought that I read somewhere that there needed to be 100 extra vis in the environment to re-infuse stone.

thecheesethatbites

Jul 29, 2019
either way though, it's still going to take a hullova long time to make infused stone from a node, considering the 1V per 5mins it takes.

Icarus White

Jul 29, 2019
Wouldn't it be more straightforward to farm Thaum villagers for shards? I mean, they do sell them, and setting up a breeder isn't all that hard...

thecheesethatbites

Jul 29, 2019
We were discussing the renuability of shards in a chunk, Yes, you can farm thaum villages, although if you want it as aura storage for your node(what it actually is) than you should overcharge your node, both are viable ways, and you can make shards into the cluseters