Not able to change thread title?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bud

Jul 29, 2019
I've looked everywhere I can think of, I cant seem to change my threads title. I'm sure a mod could do it for me, but it seems like something we should be able to change, as version change, and mods update.

Bud

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly, I upgraded to a new version, And Id like my thread to reflect that.

ScottWears

Jul 29, 2019
Guys If you want your server thread updated (title) Please contact GreedSeed by pm or one of the global moderators

Bud

Jul 29, 2019
Yea thats an obvious option, but, do you really want 100's of messages asking for changes to the threads titles? I'm sure if its like any other forum software its capable, and just not allowed.....

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Yea thats an obvious option, but, do you really want 100's of messages asking for changes to the threads titles? I'm sure if its like any other forum software its capable, and just not allowed.....
Actually there is no "Edit Thread Title" permission in the XenForo permission set without installing a third party plugin or writing your own to do it.

Vauthil

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, it's one of those philosophical design things. Luckily it isn't so hard-wired into XenForo that you're having to pull it apart to change it (like for example if you wanted to -- heavens forbid -- allow people to set a personal status larger than the twitter-sized 140 character ones; that one's actually wired into the code). As an admin coming from vBulletin 3 it was somewhat jarring to run into these "I don't want you to do it that way" kinds of bumps in the product, which is one reason I use XF for my "play site" rather than anything production-level.

Status
Not open for further replies.