Open normal.zs: null

ye_Craft

Jul 29, 2019
Summary of the problem normal.zs: null

Pack Version 1.2.1

What is the bug? The version is 1.3 FTB Beyond.
After updating from 1.2.1 (delete everything) for my server, whenever i log in, i get
"ERROR: Error executing normal.zs: null".
The result is that the script doesn't get run, and recipt like black quartz is not there to use.

Mod & Version FTB Beyond.1.3

Link to log file
https://pastebin.com/Z92gby6t

Is it repeatable? Yes

Known Fix
So much for the "fast" respond, thank god I am a programmer.
Went through the log and code for minetweaker, found a line in the normal.zs script that cause NullPointerException (line 183, "at modtweaker.mods.tconstruct.handlers.Casting$Remove.wrapRecipe(Casting.java:165)").
I don't know much about the reason removing the recipe, but disabling this line fixed the exception hence the script loaded
Here is my modified script: https://pastebin.com/aqeeTb0J

I hope this can get attention of the dev so roll out a formalized fix.

Last edited:
Reactions: rypofalem
G

Gabeux

Having the exact same problem on Beyond Beta 1.3.0. Couldn't fix it by myself, tried shuffling some configs and /scripts to no avail.
Thank you for the workaround, it's now working!

(Hopefully on 1.3.0 it will be fixed)

S

SlightlyLost

Thanks for the fix! I had the same message, and couldn't craft Black Quartz until I made the same fix to normal.zs.

B

Benj255

I ran into this problem as well, didn't realize what was going on until Friday when i was playing on my server and couldn't craft black quartz.
I narrowed it down to that line as well.
this appears to only happen in ModTweaker2-2.0.11
2.0.10, the version in FTB Beyond 1.2.1 does not crash on that line, only .11 does.
the normal.zs file is identical between 1.2.1 and 1.3.0, only the ModTweaker version changes.

S

SlightlyLost

I see 1.3.0 was marked as release. I didn't see this fixed in the release version, did I miss it?

B

Benj255

1.3.0 still shows as beta in my client, tho it does show a 1.4.0 now, ill have to check this out.
Interestingly, the bug only happens on the server side, a client playing single player never encounters it.