Noob trying to set up Creeperhost server

WalterND14

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all. Sorry if I am posting in the wrong area or being dumb. I'm a bit noob with this.
My friends and I are trying to actually have a legit server instead of one of us hosting on one of our computers, and we're also trying to set up a fun mod on the server.
We just purchased a Zombie server with Creeperhost, and we honestly have no idea what most of the options are and how to set it up as we'd like. Can someone please help me with this? I've got TS, Mumble, Skype, etc. to use to talk through how to do it. I could buy you a (relatively) cheap game on Steam or something if you help me (we can agree on the game before we start but I won't buy until we're through the help) or if you really feel nice, you could just help me out for free :)
Anyways, please let me know if you can help us out. It'd be much appreciated!
Thanks!
-Walter

WalterND14

Jul 29, 2019
Well it looks like we managed to get it set up on our own. If I have any questions, though, I'll ask them on here.

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure CreeperHost would be happy to help you, just open a ticket with them, but this video might also help (it is 5 months old, interface may have changed):

Aurora 24/7 FTB

Jul 29, 2019
I have pmed you ill help if i know whats up. If you check my forum posts you will find that i have been running a server on ftb for over 4 months with mcpc +

Mr Chris

Jul 29, 2019
I use one of Creeperhost's dedicated servers daily with the server I work with. I'd be happy to help for free, join our Teamspeak or add me on skype!

Stoneleet

Jul 29, 2019
I too am very new at running a server so I can't personally help you, but I did want to let you know creeperhost tech support was helpful on the 2 issues I recently had with the server. Submit a ticket if the user above can't resolve your problem.

mykepwnage

Jul 29, 2019
I've just got mine up and running. Here's the fruits of my labour/research :)

1. Go to Minecraft tab
2. Install modpack you want
3. Click Minecraft tab again and go to Server Properties
4. Make all the changes you want.
NOTE: If you want to make more changes (ie, use ATG - Alternate Terrain Generation for level type, follow the instructions here http://wiki.creeperlabs.com/index.php/Using_SFTP_SCP#How_to_use_SFTP_with_CreeperHost:Usingto get access to the server where you can make raw changes to server.properties
5. Click the START/STOP/RESTART button group in top right
6. Click MC
7. Click START

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
I've just got mine up and running. Here's the fruits of my labour/research :)

1. Go to Minecraft tab
2. Install modpack you want
3. Click Minecraft tab again and go to Server Properties
4. Make all the changes you want.
NOTE: If you want to make more changes (ie, use ATG - Alternate Terrain Generation for level type, follow the instructions here http://wiki.creeperlabs.com/index.php/Using_SFTP_SCP#How_to_use_SFTP_with_CreeperHost:Usingto get access to the server where you can make raw changes to server.properties
5. Click the START/STOP/RESTART button group in top right
6. Click MC
7. Click START
You do realise this thread is almost 1 year old?

mykepwnage

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, I did not! I saw May 26th and 27th so I actually felt pretty good about being able to provide a real answer to something so recent! lol

Oh well :) It was one of the first links that came up in Google, and with over 5000 views maybe the answer will still be of some use :)

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, I did not! I saw May 26th and 27th so I actually felt pretty good about being able to provide a real answer to something so recent! lol

Oh well :) It was one of the first links that came up in Google, and with over 5000 views maybe the answer will still be of some use :)
Well at least those searching the site will find it :).

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
I've been running on Creeperhost since DireWolf20 started his current let's play series, overall I have found the Creeperhost service to be very reliable and even all the way from Australia with our rubbish internet the latency is pretty good!

Their support people are also very helpful, just need to be patient as I am not sure if it's 24 x 7 yet, but they do act on support tickets, i have had one or two issues and they've been able to help me out each time.

If you're running an FTB pack, be sure to stay on the 'Recommended' version! Sometimes you'll see a newer version appear in the launcher and as an option via creeperhost.. if you are concerned primarily with stability, stay on the 'Recommended' version..

Also, make use of their backup feature, it's easy to use and can be very handy when updating modpacks or if there's a disaster (Experimenting with nuclear power ahem...).

-Wuffle