Noob How do I set up a server

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Villanut

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all I'm trying to set up a server, my minecraft version is 1.4.4. How do I update FTB so I can run it?

kooljac702

Jul 29, 2019
If you do want to run a server go to the launcher and click filter. Change "client" to "server" and then hit the button that says "add filter" I believe? Then click in bottom right of launcher where you usually log in at to download the server zip

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
FTb is not compatible with 1.4.4. Since the mods will need to update before FTB will go to 1.4.4. Downgrade your MC to 1.4.2

Mavrl

Jul 29, 2019
But, once you download the zip file and get the server stuff all set up, how do you actually access the server? The only "Launch" button I see is if I change the filter back to Client. But, when I do that, there is no server for me to select in the multiplayer section. What am I missing?

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
There is no in launcher server list (Yet) You need to download the launcher. Start the cleint. In the client go multiplayer and connect to the server address.

Villanut

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the help I've got it working now but I'd like to install a few mods and I've been trying for hours with no success.
I'd appreciate some help please.

The mods are- Terrafirmacraft,Thirstmod and Mo's creatures

Oh and I have a server I play with a friend so I'd like to use these mods online if possible,I think if someone could come up with a guide for installing different types of mods it would be useful.
As someone new to minecraft it's very confusing,mods that are Jars,zips some that aren't and also different locations for different mods.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Well, before you try to install, make sure the server you're playing on has these mods. You won't be able to play on it if your mod list doesn't match.

kyle

Jul 29, 2019
Add the mods to your server's "mods" folder in either the FTP or where ever you keep the files on your PC if it's run from home, then in the FTB launcher at the mod selection screen choose "edit modpack", then go to the "mods" tab and select "Add mods" at the bottom. Then add the exact versions you added to your server and you should be ready to play! (Provided you don't run into Block ID conflicts). But like others have said, FTB is 1.4.2

-- You need to add the "GUI API" that's needed for Mo' Creatures in the "Jar Mods" tab and make sure you have the Custom Spawner mod in the "mods" tab for Mo' Creatures to work

Status
Not open for further replies.