Noob Enchantment Question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
D

Dickie_Debbil

Hi all,

I've just been trying out FTB Infinity Evolved for the first time, having come from 1.8 and 1.9 vanilla minecraft, and was quite surprised by how tough the enchantment system is. It seems like not only can you not see what enchantment you will get (which I was sort of expecting, and can live with), but enchantments cost a massive amount of levels. In 1.8, an enchantment costs 1, 2 or 3 experience levels, but in this game, it seems like they cost the same as the level of the enchantment - so a level 30 enchantment costs 30 experience levels! Is this right, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

st753m

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, that's how the enchantment system used to work in 1.7 and earlier, before they changed it.

knn03

Jul 29, 2019
There's a block called Enchanter from the Ender IO mod that lets you choose specific enchantments at the cost of some items and experience. And if you have been mining through caves you probably found some essence oreberry bushes. There are ways to automate an oreberry bush farm to keep you stocked with experience for life.