(non)sense - a storywriting game.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
The point of this game is to make sense out of a nonsensical phrase. This sort of started on other forum games, people saying nonsensical phrases and me making them make sense. Basically, you will make sense of the previous person's phrase then post your own nonsense.
Person one: Thokia insulin cheese oh my goodness askia

Person two:In a world where diabetes is an epidemic, and more than 90% of people are diabetic, research is primarily focused on diabetes and the entire culture is now centered upon this disease. Instead of insulin shots, you simply have to take a pill, or if you prefer, a gummy. The Thokia company even came up with insulin cheese! Cheese that acts as insulin, but it's freaking cheese! oh my goodness, Askia has got to make a video on this. Please excuse me while I go text him.

This example is copied straight from theCorrupt A Wish Thread

I'll start: relive meal shopkeeper tensioned cubicalness.

Droideka30

Jul 29, 2019
Due to recent development efforts, the old general store now stands across from the research center for Übermarket. The shopkeeper of the general store started a promotion, giving away a free meal to let people relive the old days. This put a lot of tension on the workers in their Übermart cubicles to develop something new...

Hems grind Rome didn't die be disk dine beret.

Reactions: goreae

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
Plastotle sat upright, he was visibly shaking. This was his America's chance to get Rome as an ally, potentially for a long time.

The emperor entered the room. Plastotle stood up and bowed. "Good morning, your majesty.."

"Please, Plastotle. You know I prefer to be called Anfelo." The emperor poured two drinks of some alcoholic liquid and gave one to Plastotle. They both sat down.

"So, why are you here Plastotle?" Anfelo asked, taking a sip from his glass.

"President Hem sent me." Plastotle said, also taking a sip.

"I had assumed President Hem died, what with the war in the East and the recent bombings."

"No, he didn't die. Lucky for us."

"Yes, I suppose it is lucky, isn't it? Well. Nice beret by the way, love the shade of green."

Plastotle touched his green beret and smiled at Anfelo. "Well, you do want the disk don't you?" Plastotle placed a disk on the table.

"All the information is on it?"

"Yes your majesty. It is. And the armies of Rome?"

"With you in the East. We shall be grinding our enemies to dust! We shall talk more over dinner tonight, yes?"

"Yes."

"Great."

Tokyo in thames long mist jive and fenrir s mom Pocetello

Reactions: goreae

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
In the near(ish) future, when tokyo is less of a large, bustling city, and more of a naval war base, a ship departs from the docks every five minutes, literally. Japan has conquered a quarter of the world, but now faces its biggest threat yet: the naval armada that is great Britain. Instead of defending from a massive attack, tokyo decided to send the fleet to to britain, and attack from the river Thames. However, during the long journey to the island-empire, the Japanese fleet became reportedly enshrouded in a great mist. Only one ship survived, the flagship SS MOM (Mother Of Missiles.) When they docked at the nearest japan-controlled dock, captain Pocetello reported that as they were headed for the Thames, the crew on the SS MOM organised a dance party, where they played Jive music and danced their hearts out. When the mist came, nobody paid it any mind, until they heard the howl. A huge, monstrous howl that seemed to come from everywhere at once. Directly after the howl, they heard distant screaming and crashing. This lasted for several minutes, then there was silence. Nothing made a sound except for the calm slapping of the waves. Then they saw it. a giant wolf, walking on the water.Many believe this to be the great and terrible fenrir, released by the norse gods to hopefully protect their descendants. The real cause of this tragedy still remains a mystery.

Railroad gumdrop flying Jerusalem walking horrendous.

Technician

Jul 29, 2019
The great Pakistan-Indian coalition decided to build a giant railroad to Jerusalem, due to the fact the regular road was covered in dropped gumdrops. These gumdrops were a new flavour, coated in a particular chemical that helped one to think clearly, and tasted delicious, and made you gain nearly no weight, heck it made you lose weight.

These gumdrops made walking horrendous however, due to the other export of flying muskrats. See, Flying Muskrat poop reacted badly with gumdrops and they made the road worse, with you having to walk up and down big patches of crystallized poop and gumdrops.

-goodjob snip-

We should try to incorporate elements of all of this into one big storyline. Doubt it'll succeed though, lol.

(I'm really bad at this, I give too much words and not enough storyline when I do it.)

miltia Gumption apollo16 of race Brazil Canadian moose and monks

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
It was found today that some militia somewhere are lacking gumption. We tried showing an inspiring movie of monks re-enacting apollo 16, but again, no success.
We got them to run against angry male mooses, and this finally gave them gumption

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Yesterday, they discovered that tomorrow will be today if yesterday precedes today and tomorrow comes after today, but only if yesterday was saturday, today is sunday, and tomorrow is tuesday will this sentence be perfectly nonsensical in the manner of which is required to create a quabulotumblance reactor.

triforcekeagie

Jul 29, 2019
Mac had a tummy ache, so he barfed all over his dressing table. It slid down his gown in chunks. This intrigued his puppy, who proceeded to lick up the regurgitated macaroni bits. Mac called his dressmaker at the number he was given at the farming convention. "Hello? Hello? HELLO?" He went into the closet, slammed the door and screamed. As Mac was about to cry. in perfect timing it seemed, the dressmaker called back. "Hello? Sorry I was swimming in the ocean, when all of a sudden I heard an ear piercing scream", he said. Mac hung up and packed his belongings. Shortly after. he left his home and moved to Canada.

Poof kazoomie boom boom bacon arm zombie piano grade of Korea.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
The other TF2 classes got their hands,on the Bombinomicon and are having fun with all sorts of spells while Merasmus plans scream fortress 2014, teleporting the team into zombie infested korea where demomans arm gets cut off. Then zombies make it into bacon strips.

Boom pow ermagherd

PhantomRage

Jul 29, 2019
Due to recent developments in creating a 5,000 exajoule hydrogen bomb, it was accidentally launched at the Moon, which resulted it in splitting in half, the noise being audible throughout the world. The newspapers were lined with "ERMAHGERD!" at the recent development. The world proceeds to succumb to natural environmental causes by the absence of the Moon, with tides no longer occuring, and the Earth becoming a sphere with no tilt. The seasons cease to exist, and humanity dies off peacefully.

Kablam shop barber paradox love

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
When the product "Kablam" existed, Barber's would buy so many and store it all in their shop cupboard, this product made them insane and made them say such paradox things, their love for Kablam is too strong to be stopped.

Mouse, onion, court, sue, swiss roll