Node missing aspects after charged [Thaumcraft]

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bryantom

Jul 29, 2019
This is a follow-up question to a recent post. I had a charged node that only had four of the primal aspects. I uncharged the node and allowed it to eat the other two aspects from a nearby node. When I recharged it though, it went back to only having the four aspects. I'm guessing once a node has been charged, it will only have the aspects it originally had, but that is the question.

:)

natirs

Oct 12, 2013
israel
i dont have a real answer to this but uncharging a node is seriously unadvised
it has a big chance to make the node disapear or worse create a big flux mess

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
If dev was still happening on TC4 I'd argue that @Azanor needs to rebalance energized node mechanics such that de-energizing nodes can be safely performed with care. All the redstone mechanics imply (to me) that there are valid reasons to want to potentially de-energize nodes.

As it is, it seems to be always catastrophic. Even if the technique is performed flawlessly and the node is given time to recover, it seems to suffer permanent damage to its aspect total caps. Or I just did it wrong.

At any rate, it seems that de energizing nodes is not a catered for scenario.

mathchamp

Jul 29, 2019
The only reason I can see to de-energize a node is if you want to get rid of it altogether without flooding the room with flux goo. Or if you want to move it somewhere else, but then again, the node will be damaged so it's better to just use vis relays unless you're relocating really far away or to another dimension or something.