Open No suitable pipes for use with Extreme Reactors/Turbines

D

destiny_acct

Summary of the problem No suitable pipes for use with Extreme Reactors/Turbines

Pack Version 3.0.6

What is the bug? I'm using extreme reactors to generate power, and want to expand to using turbines as well.

However, currently in Sky Factory 3, the only way to transmit enough steam/water to a Turbine from a reactor is to have the Coolant ports on the reactor touching the Turbine Fluid Ports (and matching the in/out to each other).

See the attached screenshot (in the log file link field) for the only workable configuration currently.

Ender IO fluid conduits don't seem to work (and can't meet the high fluid rates of 2000mb/t necessary to spin the turbine all the way up even if they did)

fluid Transfer nodes don't cycle fast enough because of the way they search through the pipe, even with 20 speed upgrades and a stack upgrade, even over a 2 block distance (and even when combining many transfer nodes!)

No other pipe seems to work at all.

It seems like we need to add some kind of turbine/reactor specific pipe, otherwise we wind up covering a reactor in turbines just to get it to work, which is a huge pain if you need to expand your reactor to meet new power demands.

Mod & Version Sky Factory 3.0.6 with associated extreme reactors mod.

Link to log file http://imgur.com/hRGw3Qj

Is it repeatable?

Known Fix Attaching the turbines directly to the reactor works, but it doesn't allow a reactor to scale. a large reactor can power many turbines at peak.

S

Shinderian

I managed to do this with EnderIO dimensional transceivers. One steam/water pair of transceivers on the reactor transferred enough steam to run two turbines at near 1800 rpm.

D

destiny_acct

Interesting. Seems like an overkill solution to the problem though, but it does seem to work. the EnderIO interface isn't immediately obvious (needs tooltips or better labelling :S ). What kind of max flow rate would I be able to get through a single channel or transceiver?

S

Shinderian

While I haven't tested it thoroughly, my rough data is that one transceiver will transfer about 4000 mB/tick. I built my turbines with 32 blocks of ludicrite and 80 blades and set them to run at 2000 mB. Two turbines topped out at about 1750ish rpms. Adding a third turbine to the transceiver caused the speed to start to drop. I'm personally hoping that a future update will give us fluiducts back though.