No Sound Strange

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
Well Been trying to fix this all night I have no idea whats up. But I have no sounds whatsoever. Launching from FTB no sound with direwolf pack.. NEW game even.

Or launching from MultiMC No sound in my world at all.

Launching regular minecraft with no mods.. = Sounds..

But not from any of the above launchers.. Only the regular minecraft launch.

And yes sounds are turned up and stuff. ;)

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm I tried 3 different versions on LWJGL and no go. Don't even no where to begin with openal.

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Hmmm I tried 3 different versions on LWJGL and no go. Don't even no where to begin with openal.
With LWJGL, you want the latest, which I believe is 2.8.5. OpenAL is sometimes packaged with it.

Something you might want to try... in your minecraft/bin/natives folder, delete the openal.so file, and see what happens there. Sometimes it will automatically create the proper one.

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know whats up. I even took the files from my working regular minecraft 1.4.6 bin files for both OpenAL and LWJGL and still no sound. No idea what to do on this one. LOL.

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
Well I sorta fixed it. I have two sound sources from my PC. One is from the monitor that I use when not recording and the other is from headphones when I do record.. Well for some reason Minecraft is always using headphones now.. Even though I have monitor set up as default sound in Windows.

But yeah I have sound in minecraft now.. Just have to where headphones. LOL. Never seen that happen before.

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
LOL New problems.. Man this is so freaking annoying. Anyway how dO I explain this.

The mouse cancels out actions of the keyboard.

IE you usually can walk and lay torhes at the same time.. But if im moving foward with the keyboard keys.. And press any mouse button it cancels out the keyboard action causing me to stop...

Flying with the jetpack.... Holding the space key.. Press left click or right click = cancles out keyboard and fall. Etc.

Again I loaded up regular old minecraft and this is not a problem.. Sooooo... Pffft..

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
Don't know if MultiMC is just having issues or what. But I went back to the FTB launcher and everything is fine again with mouse. Man.