No RedPower in FTB Unleashed 1.1.3

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Calder

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I started using the latest version of FTB Unleashed and I have noticed that RedPower is missing. Has this been removed or is it just me?

Thanks.

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, but is there anyway to add it in manually?
There isn't any 1.5.2 version of RP2; You can't add it "manually". Until the mod author herself wants to update it, you won't be able to get it through any means. However, as PhantomRage pointed out, there is an alternative.

Reactions: PhantomRage

whythisname

Jul 29, 2019
"not updated" means it will not work no matter how hard you try. If there was any way I'm sure someone would've made it public already.

There are lots mods that add features RP had though, MFR RedNet cable is a good replacement for RP's wiring (imho it's way better). I think there is also a mod that adds microblocks in Unleashed and there are Abyssal stone and Quarried stone (not sure which mod adds them) to replace the stones RP had. BoP also has volcanic biomes if you really want a burning wasteland. ExtraUtilities transfer pipes are a decent replacement for the RP tubes (not as good, but they get the job done with 0 chance of "leaking") and don't forget AE either (imho the best mod for item organization there is atm). I think the only real thing that's missing in Unleashed is a replacement for Frames and maybe some smaller things RP had, but a lot of it has at least decent replacements (not counting all the stuff outside Unleashed that replaces just about everything).

Velotican

Jul 29, 2019
If it wasn't clear enough: RedPower effectively no longer exists. The modding community has moved on and filled in the void RP2 left when development stalled. All of RP2's features are now handled by other mods, with the exception of Blutricity which no-one will miss anyway.

angelnc

Jul 29, 2019
If it wasn't clear enough: RedPower effectively no longer exists. The modding community has moved on and filled in the void RP2 left when development stalled. All of RP2's features are now handled by other mods, with the exception of Blutricity which no-one will miss anyway.

I actually liked Blutricity. Wind energy and Thermopiles were awesome.

To contribute to the topic:
You can replace most RedPower2 features with the following mods.
Project Red (Bundled Cable, Alloy Wire, Bags, Lighting, Microblocks, Logic Gates)
Redstone in Motion (Frames)
MineFactory Reloaded (Bundled Cable, Logic Gates)
ComputerCraft (Computers)
Buildcraft (Item Transportation/Sorting, Liquid Transportation)
Logistics Pipes (Item Transportation/Sorting)
AppliedEnergistics (Item Transportation/Sorting)
ForgeMultipart (Microblocks)

Some of them are included in your modpack.

Reactions: PhantomRage

angelnc

Jul 29, 2019
Well, jakj isn't on best terms with the FTB staff, but the mod is still great.
I wanted to provide information about mods that replace RP2 features and Redstone in Motion replaces RP2 Frames pretty well.
Is it forbidden to mention the mod?

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Well, jakj isn't on best terms with the FTB staff, but the mod is still great.
I wanted to provide information about mods that replace RP2 features and Redstone in Motion replaces RP2 Frames pretty well.
Is it forbidden to mention the mod?

Not forbidden.
But slow has said that the mod is not allowed anywhere near the launcher or modpacks.
So yeaaaah, not much point talking about it.

NosePicker5555

Jul 29, 2019
itdgsFw.png

Status
Not open for further replies.