no qualities of life pack.(brain storming stage)

DeathOfTime

Jul 29, 2019
Wanting to develop a pack thats core difference is no external GUI enhancements. Such as journeymap, JEI, WAILA. Might drop a few other things that are regularly added as well. Such as inventory tweaks. The main purpose is to see if the pack would still be enjoyable and playable, by my standards.

The mods would require a in game manual, preferably. Failing that a accurate and up to date wiki would be acceptable. If they mod is fully utilizable without either of those then it would be fine as well.

Was thinking the best way to go about this was with a single book the player starts with that lists the mods and main sites for the information on them. That would need to be custom made. It might even be useful if it had the crafting recipes for the other manuals included in it.

I am mostly looking to develop a 1.10 pack. As I like new and shiny things. Though I wouldn't be amiss with working with 1.7.10, or even 1.8 if the available options look more appealing.

Mod I know have manuals and or wikis that are kept up to date(that I can currently remember):
Botania
Blood Magic
Thaumcraft
Immersive Engineering
Open Computers
Roots
Extra Utilities (1.10, at least)
Tinkers' Construct

Other Mods that are up for consideration:
the one probe

Mods that are excluded from this pack for certain:
JEI
NEI
WAWLA
WAILA
Journeymap
FTB Utilities
Ding
Custom Main Menu

Other mods that might be excluded:
mouse tweaks
inventory tweaks

This is not to say you can't add to this pack or customize it as you wish. It is just saying I won't be adding the excluded mods in and won't provide support for any of them.

What I was wondering is if anyone was interested in helping me by providing a list of mods that might go good with these criteria. It would make it much easier to assemble the pack if I didn't have to rely on my own knowledge and research abilities to figure that stuff out.

I would likely only spend a month working on this pack. If it has any popularity developed I would be more then happy to hand it off to someone else to continue work on after that. It is just that I have trouble working on something that I am not enjoying playing with and my attention for such things rarely last past a month.

Reactions: ICountFrom0