No Offline mode?

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lavaheart626

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
No Offline mode?
Launcher Version:
v 1.4.8
Modpack:
Any.... I specifically am loading Infinity though.
Modpack Version:
(I was trying to load 1.11.2 version of Infinity)
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
This is kinda driving me crazy but I haven't been able to play FTB offline for months for some reason. I know I used to be able to do it a long time ago but it just doesn't work now. I've read online it was some faulty coding... but my sources were posted for the most part at least a year ago... so I'm really just confused why it would not have been fixed?

It's just so frustrating because my internet is disconnected for a week every month lately, and If the pack crashes at all in that week then I'm kinda just screwed minecraft wise.

Last edited:

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I believe they removed it as it got abused by people who did not pay for minecraft.
A workaround is to install mcedit and import the modpack you want to play, if I remember correctly that launcher still has offline mode.

lavaheart626

Jul 29, 2019
=_= but but minecraft itself has an offline mode that people likely abuse too. why would FTB take it upon themselves to punish people who don't pay for it?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
Because its not their game and thus have absolutely not right to "give" free copies of the game away unless they pay for it(which they don't).

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
please post a new log and use upload log button.

lavaheart626

Jul 29, 2019
=_= ok I guess? I mean they're not giving out free copies really... I mean if they're camping out in offline mode they still need a password/username... atm they could probably still do it if they just start up a pack then once authenticated go offline I would think?

I just don't like the idea of completely changing launchers... so I guess I'll have to only put a pack or 2 I like playing on the one you mentioned just for offline gaming >.>

Still a prettty weak reasoning to not have an offline mode though tbh...

edit: do you mean upload file? I don't see an upload log button specifically.

haha nvm I found out what you meant :D wow I'm silly I thought it was button in the forum for some reason haha.

I disconnected from my wifi of course to simulate me having no internet...

Last edited:

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
lower left corner in the FTB launcher console.

lavaheart626

Jul 29, 2019
@jikuja

is that the right paste? I'm not quite sure since the post log button didn't work when I reconnected to my internet... If it's something else let me know (I saw there was an actual log file in the ftb folder and was actually about to upload that as a file before I saw the button)

lavaheart626

Jul 29, 2019
@jikuja thought I probably had the wrong file (sorry about that fixed it I think?)

I have remember Auth token ticked... I'll try to recreate it.

edit: ya it's not working still. I
removed the profile, double checked on my account's info, re-created it and loaded it with my internet on, exited ftb and disconnected from wifi, and tried to launch again and it still said that mojang authentication servers must be down.

Last edited:

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
@jikuja thought I probably had the wrong file (sorry about that fixed it I think?)

I have remember Auth token ticked... I'll try to recreate it.

edit: ya it's not working still. I
removed the profile, double checked on my account's info, re-created it and loaded it with my internet on, exited ftb and disconnected from wifi, and tried to launch again and it still said that mojang authentication servers must be down.
Try a fresh install

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

S

Spi_Craftsman

Hello everyone,

I have a server which runs FTB Infinity Evolved Offline Mode but my friends who have the hack phoenix launchers they don't login to server and when is login to the server they left the server immediately without do anything and their Launcher shows internal exception:Java.lang.RuntimeException:Timeout Waiting for client thread to cautch up

Please help me!!

erindalc

Popular Member
Mar 3, 2015
Steam
Hello everyone,

I have a server which runs FTB Infinity Evolved Offline Mode but my friends who have the hack phoenix launchers they don't login to server and when is login to the server they left the server immediately without do anything and their Launcher shows internal exception:Java.lang.RuntimeException:Timeout Waiting for client thread to cautch up

Please help me!!
Don't talk about hacks on here. If they want to play they can buy the game.

Sent from my Barrel of Fun using Tapatalk

S

Spi_Craftsman

Hello everyone,

Please help me!!

Oninoni

Jul 29, 2019
Buy the game! It's not that expensive and you support the creators! Dont use hacked clients/Accounts/OfflineMode/etc.

S

Spi_Craftsman

Yes but they don't have money what can I do
for this reason

Status
Not open for further replies.