No modpacks launching. Vanilla works just fine.

PenPhantom

Jul 29, 2019
First off, I DID read about where to post this-and-that, blar dee blar. I just figure a thread will (a) be more easily noticed and (b) be easier for people with the same problem to find.

Now, the issue:
1. None of the modpacks will launch. FTBLite, Unleashed, Ultimate, Direwolf20, etc.
2. The console won't show up. I repeat - the console of all things won't even pop up. I've never seen a post where THAT happened.
3. Vanilla Minecraft v. 1.6.4 ( the same as the packs I intend to use ) works fine. As it does for all versions I have.

The problem seems to be with either the modpacks themselves or the launcher. I can't post a log of what's going on as the console won't pop up, and I don't know where to look to find where the launcher stores console data.

The console not even loading is what's got me REALLY concerned - otherwise I would just browse the forums for an hour or two and fix/download whatever's necessary to play the game. Or restart.

PLEASE, if you know what's going on, or somehow stumbled upon a solution, let me know. Thanks.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
If the launcher shows up go to the Options tab and check the boxes 'Show Console?' and 'Reopen launcher after exiting minecraft?' and restart the launcher. This should open the console and allow you to press the 'Paste my log to pastebin.com' button to post your console log after you attempt to launch a mod pack.

PenPhantom

Jul 29, 2019
If the launcher shows up go to the Options tab and check the boxes 'Show Console?' and 'Reopen launcher after exiting minecraft?' and restart the launcher. This should open the console and allow you to press the 'Paste my log to pastebin.com' button to post your console log after you attempt to launch a mod pack.

That's the problem, mate. The "Show Console" and "Reopen launcher" boxes ARE checked off - the console's just not popping up.

PenPhantom

Jul 29, 2019
Try the ftb folder for a log.
Alright, can you tell me where that's usually stored? I have folder labelled "Mincraft" in which the folders for the modpacks are automatically downloaded into. I don't see a "console" file in there, save for a few .class files.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Open the launcher and click on the Options tab. Now the place where you want to search is what is listed after the 'Install folder...' in the text box. It will more than likely be in one of the mod pack folders inside the folder listed in the text box. Please copy that file's text to pastebin.com and link to it here.

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Incompatible minimum and maximum heap sizes specified
Check to see if your Global Variables for Java are blank if they are not please do that. Follow this guide I made for another user to do that. Then restart your computer so the variables can change.

PenPhantom

Jul 29, 2019
Check to see if your Global Variables for Java are blank if they are not please do that. Follow this guide I made for another user to do that. Then restart your computer so the variables can change.

I just deleted the stuff in the Additional Java Parameters bar of the Advanced Options menu. Stuff works fine now.