Problem No Hostile mobs Spawning in 1.11.2 pack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
D

Daihok

I almost have my 1.11.2 pack put together just few kinks to work out. My biggest problem is there is no hostile mobs spawning in the overworld or in the nether unless I exit out of game then restart. Eventually they stop spawning again and i have to rinse and repeat exit game/ restart game. First yes im not on peaceful setting im on normal setting. Also have render distance set to 10 because i read anything lower then 8 could cause problems. So other then that I have no clue how to fix.

D

Daihok

I think i found the source of this problem I have no clue why but seems latest version of natura messes with spawning somehow. I have tested this on multiple worlds with full modpack. Every world does fine without Natura but soon as I put it in No hostile mobs in both nether and overworld. Gonna do more testing just to be sure.

D

Daihok

Just short update It may not be Natura afterall. I am going through the mods one by one again see what the problem is. I am almost ready to just give up on 1.11.2 /sigh

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
This sounds like the old problem of invisible mobs using up all the mob spawns... I can't remember what mod did it, but it was back in 1.6.4.. Had to go in and /cohf kill *mobname* to get regular spawns again....
Could you post a list of the mods you are using in your pack? This may help others to see what mods you have to what could be causing the problem.

Or is it a secret?

D

Daihok

Nah its no secret but I think i may have it fixed. Ran through a world in both overworld and nether for couple hours last night everything seem to be ok. Only issue i found now is it doesnt seem to spawn any of the nether slime islands from tinkers. Not sure if it has something to do with BOP nether biomes or what. They spawn in overworld just not in the nether for some reason.

Corporal_Data

Jun 20, 2020
Don't know if this is still active but I've been experiencing this exact problem on 1.12.2 while trying to make a custom modpack. Do you know any solutions?