Bug No corn in 2.3.5 expert mode.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
S

Sodupdupu

So, I have noticed 2 basically impossible Agricraft crossbreeds: Rye and Corn. Rye was easy enough to obtain with wheat grain into rye grain grown into rye in the photogenic insulator, but the shaped crafting for wheat grain into corn grain yeilds barley grain, and I have been crossbreeding 10/10/10 barley and rye in a cross form for 3 days now, used about a dozen stacks of crop sticks and a lot of water in my sprinkler system but have yet to yeild even a single corn seed.

EDIT: 3 real life days, not minecraft days.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So, I have noticed 2 basically impossible Agricraft crossbreeds: Rye and Corn. Rye was easy enough to obtain with wheat grain into rye grain grown into rye in the photogenic insulator, but the shaped crafting for wheat grain into corn grain yeilds barley grain, and I have been crossbreeding 10/10/10 barley and rye in a cross form for 3 days now, used about a dozen stacks of crop sticks and a lot of water in my sprinkler system but have yet to yeild even a single corn seed.

EDIT: 3 real life days, not minecraft days.
sodupdupu, just outta curiosity can you please look and confirm which type of land NEI says corn grows on?

I can't imagine its anything other than farmland but you never know, and this problem has tripped people up a few times.

(NEI shows the type of land required if you're not aware. Its usually farmland but can also be sand, podzol, etc)

S

Sodupdupu

It is farmland or hummus, I have plots with both and neither one works.

sodupdupu, just outta curiosity can you please look and confirm which type of land NEI says corn grows on?

I can't imagine its anything other than farmland but you never know, and this problem has tripped people up a few times.

(NEI shows the type of land required if you're not aware. Its usually farmland but can also be sand, podzol, etc)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I just duplicated the issue and it does appear that the NEI recipe for turning 3 wheat grains into 3 corn grains has an item ID issue. It is making barley grain (Item ID 5320:9) instead of what NEI says should result, corn grain (Item ID 5320:11). Best bet for a "speedy" resolution is to get it posted on the modpack bug forum and then just wait for the next modpack update to happen.

Reactions: Sodupdupu
S

Sodupdupu

I assumed that the agricraft corn crossbreeding was disabled so that the photogenic insulator was required to get the later crops needed for the market and the watering can, but since the grain is bugged I have no way of actually obtaining corn short of scouring the earth for grass gardens.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Oh no, Agricraft cross-breeding is most definitely still in use. You will need it to progress thru the magic mods. We recently had an issue where we could not grow Water Artichokes in the Agricraft Cropsticks, which basically prevented any progression in the four main magical mods. The modpack developer fixed the issue within a few days, but... you will probably be waiting a similar amount of time for a fix, if not longer... so be very thankful you do have another option, if Pam's "Grass Gardens" do indeed contain corn. I'd say just go look for them, it will turn out to be a quicker solution for you. You only need one corn seed, right? You can manually grow the rest.

S

Sodupdupu

Oh no, Agricraft cross-breeding is most definitely still in use. You will need it to progress thru the magic mods. We recently had an issue where we could not grow Water Artichokes in the Agricraft Cropsticks, which basically prevented any progression in the four main magical mods. The modpack developer fixed the issue within a few days, but... you will probably be waiting a similar amount of time for a fix, if not longer... so be very thankful you do have another option, if Pam's "Grass Gardens" do indeed contain corn. I'd say just go look for them, it will turn out to be a quicker solution for you. You only need one corn seed, right? You can manually grow the rest.

I know you can still crossbreed, but certain things like Rye and corn never yeild their crossbreeds(I tried Rye for 6 straight hours, and corn for a total of 18 hours of play in the past 3 days.)

Water artichokes can be confusing because they go on farmland, not the waterbed like rice.)

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, anytime a cross-breed doesn't happen within a hour or so, you can be guaranteed that it is some sort of problem with the Item ID numbers. There is a way to use "Minetweaker" to resolve these errors manually, but that's way out of my league. I just report it in the bugs forum and then wait it out (wait for a modpack update that fixes the problem for good).

Another method, one I use successfully, is to petition the server operator to "creative spawn" the bugged items into the game for me. He's usually understanding and helpful, even tho we never like to use creative mode. It's the proper time and place to use it IMO.

S

Sodupdupu

Yeah, anytime a cross-breed doesn't happen within a hour or so, you can be guaranteed that it is some sort of problem with the Item ID numbers. There is a way to use "Minetweaker" to resolve these errors manually, but that's way out of my league. I just report it in the bugs forum and then wait it out (wait for a modpack update that fixes the problem for good).

Another method, one I use successfully, is to petition the server operator to "creative spawn" the bugged items into the game for me. He's usually understanding and helpful, even tho we never like to use creative mode. It's the proper time and place to use it IMO.

Me and my freind operate a physical server with no administrator priviledges, on any account to ensure that everything happens Legit at the end of the day.

ddejong

Jul 29, 2019
You may be better off just exploring - I've found corn to be fairly common in the village greenhouses.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Oddly enough.....

S9QhIC

and....

77UmZC

I fail to see the issue... Am i missing something?
f.y.i.... this took maybe 5 min on a flatland test world. Maybe the rng hate you....