Problem No Black Quartz in FTB Beyond

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
Is anyone finding Black Quartz in the Beyond pack?
I have strip mined at 4 different levels and found not a single block.

J

Jeffwcollins

You need a void ore miner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
It's craftable as well with coal and Nether Quartz.
Just like Hardened Stone from Environmental Tech. You can make it, but you won't find world gen of it.

While I can see the reasoning behind some of these changes (thank you for turning off AE2 Meteors and giving us a recipe for presses) in world gen etc (gearing up for expert mode I suspect) I'm disappointed the FTB team has decided to gate some mods behind traveling to the Neither on the bog standard kitchen sink version of the pack.

J

Jeffwcollins

That recipe is disabled.

L

luredivino

There is a bug that is causing this. root/modpack/normal/scripts/normal.zs

The line of code before #aa Black Quartz is causing the line after to not be accepted.

J

Jeffwcollins

This is from the Beyond change Logs for 1.2:
Removed the black quartz made from coal and quartz recipe. [<3]

L

luredivino

It was added back in because they didn't want it spawning in the overworld. There is a bug in one of the scripts. It is even displaying an error to anyone logging in to the servers.

*edit: It looks like 1.4 might have even fixed it. The buggy code has been removed from the new script file.

J

Jeffwcollins

I can find no mention of it being added back. Where did you get this information from?

J

Jeffwcollins

Ahhh, just saw the edit. Duh... I'll get 1.4 as soon as I can see what's in the changelog.