No Biomes o Plenty in Crackpack?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
K

Klorn

Hey all, first post so bare with me

I've been watching a few of the Mindcrackers play the new Crackpack, and they have Biomes o Plenty running, as far as I can tell it isn't part of the pack. So, have they added it themselves, am I missing something obvious, or are we expecting it to be added to the pack soon?

Thanks in advance :)

K

Klorn

Yea, I really don't understand it, such a comprehensive pack, but just has vanilla terrain

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, no biome mods huh? This Crackpack have anything to do with Mind Crack? That was my second ever pack after Tekkit.

But Biome mods are renoun for making chunk generation and loading take like 3 times longer. This Crackpack piques my interest.

K

Klorn

Yea, it's their new pack. They're doing lets plays using it, and have BoP running fine, it's just not included in the pack

S

SSXTrixy

I thought it was just me. Very strange I didn't see any one ask about it on the few videos I've watched.

K

Klorn

Trawled through the reddit, apparently they added it manually. Still no idea why it's not part of the pack though

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Or its not in on purpose, biome mods make chunk loading and generation slower. Pregenning helps though.

K

Klorn

We ended up adding it manually, which was annoying, especially every member having to do it too

T

Thaxllssillyia

We ended up adding it manually, which was annoying, especially every member having to do it too

Hi @Klorn: You said you added BoP manually, I tried so, too. The game runs, but it says, that there is a biome conflict with Twilight forest as well some of the TF biomes spawned at overworld. Do you have that message, too? I took the latest Version of Bop (2.1.0.2027). Game is still on version 1.0.0. Thanks for any reply.

K

Klorn

Sorry for the long delay, yea, you have to go into the configs for twighlight forest and BoP, then change the biome id's for twighlight to non conflicting ones. Try to keep the numbers low as apparently higher ones can mess stuff up. Hope that helps

That just needs to be done on the server side

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I'm just happy to see a pack not using BoP. Getting poisoned, or stuck in quick sand for the umpteenth time, I'm glad not to see it again. Not that I specifically dislike it but packs tend to get stuck in a rut. If it's not broke, there's almost no variation in them. EBXL broke for a couple versions and they swapped to BoP, which was a breath of fresh air at the time. Now, it's everywhere, all the time, with no variation or relief.

T

Thaxllssillyia

Thanks for the reply, @Klorn. Can you post your config here? I think it would be easier for everyone if a working config is avaiable.

I don't agree with you, @KingTriaxx: Even if the pack contains BOP, you're not forced to use it. You can still create the world without BOP. And I like most of the BOP biomes, I changed some biome weights cause of too much dry biomes, so everyone can change it at will.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
The problem isn't the biomes. The problem is that it intrudes to the exclusion of the vanilla ones. Unless I go in and disable half the biomes, all I see are BoP ones.