Closed No alumite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
Summary of the problem No alumite

Pack Version 1.7.0

What is the bug? Ardite requires cobalt level pickaxe, but as far as i can see with JEI, only cobalt and ardite pickaxe heads make that high. Alumite can't be alloyed and ingot doesn't exist. Steel, bronze etc have only obsidian mining level.

Mod & Version TConstruct-1.12.2-2.9.0.55
Modpack version 1.7.1

Link to log file

Is it repeatable?

Known Fix Mine cobalt with EFLN explosives (careful, it's throwable and explodes like TNT) or perhaps some drill/quarry.

Plainy

Jul 29, 2019
Here is how to get Alumite its not an ore in the world its smelted in a smeltery.
Of course if you did change configs this might be changed

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
I know, i've used alumite in dozens of packs before. I only use default configs and mods of DW pack, alumite just isn't there.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Alumite is not in 1.10+, but don't worry - you can use obsidian parts, or use an obsidian sharpening kit on an existing (repaired) pick to bring it up to the level required to mine ardite :)

Zaflis

Jul 29, 2019
I will look for sharpening kit in the future, but i really liked the EFLN too. You need 1 gunpowder and flint to make the explosive, and then throw at first cobalt you find. After that you can craft cobalt pick and you're set.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I will look for sharpening kit in the future, but i really liked the EFLN too. You need 1 gunpowder and flint to make the explosive, and then throw at first cobalt you find. After that you can craft cobalt pick and you're set.
You know, I've never played with the Tinkers explosives - that's really good to know! :) cheers!

Reactions: ICountFrom0
Status
Not open for further replies.