Newer mod version for MC 1.5.2

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Sleepyhead

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting an announcement from Biomes o' Plenty every time I start my game, telling me that there's a newer version for 1.5.2. That's the version that the FTB modpack is currently for, but for some reason, the modpack isn't updating that mod. So, would it be alright if I updated the mod manually? And by manually, I mean downloading it and installing it using the FTB launcher, of course.[DOUBLEPOST=1379034932][/DOUBLEPOST]By "FTB modpack", I was specifically referring to the FTB Unleashed modpack. Edit function seems to be buggy at the moment.

39cluesEKAT

Jul 29, 2019
The FTB launcher doesn't automatically update the mods. When(and if) an new version of unleashed comes out for 1.5, it'll probably have updated versions. You could always go and update it yourself, but be warned. You may get conflicts.

Reactions: lavarthan

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
FTB prefers to keep things stable, and, as such, has a longer update schedule than many mods. While individual mods might update often, pushing a new version of FTB for each of them would be a lot of hours bug testing and sorting configs, plus the time for a server owner to upgrade. They tend to keep stable things stable until there is enough of an impetus to update the pack.

That being said, there's not a single thing stopping you from updating the mod yourself. The launcher allows easy access to add, remove and disable mods at will.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Just a reminder, if you are playing on a server and the server doesn't update unless the whole modpack does, it will do you well to not update or else the server will reject your connection due to different files.