New to bees I need some tips!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

JudgeCrane

Jul 29, 2019
Just started to get into forestry and extra bees now I figured how to make some the basics and how to get bees and get them in my apiary and such. Also got a melon farm for seed oil thats used for some recipes.

Main question is how do I get the temp/humidity of bees up and down to a normal hills biome I know the machine that does it and I have it powered directly by a sterling engine but no matter what I haven't gotten their stats to go up or down I tried sand to get humidity for jungle queen and tried lava cells for ice queens. They are >consumed< but no change in the stats.
Also im a bit confused on the up 1, down 1 mechanics like am I trying to get the temp and humidity normal for my hills biome and if im trying to raise it I must use lava and sand to raise those lower levels up, right?
I seen DW20 mod spotlight but it only helped me to the point of knowing the machines but not how to use them.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
The increase/decrease in tolerance is chance based. It takes several attempts to get +-1, many more attempts for +-2, and if you want +-3 you'll probably wait for an hour of real time or more. However it is eventually possible to make every bee tolerate any combination of temp/humidity.

The numbers are on a scale:

Temperature: Icy < Cold < Normal < Warm < Hot < Hellish.
Humidity: Arid < Normal < Damp.

So a bee with a base temperature of Warm and a Both 1 tolerance could live in Normal, Warm, and Hot biomes. A bee with a base humidity Normal and -1 tolerance can live in Arid and Normal biomes.

Reactions: JudgeCrane

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
When I used the acclimatizer, I put lava and water in to get UP_1 in both categories, then put three hoppers above the machine, filled it with sand, came back to both_5 on humidity, filled it with ice, came back to both_5 on temp

Reactions: JudgeCrane

Tomihe

Jul 29, 2019
Also if you acclimatize the drone and princess instead of the queen its more likely that the resulting bees will stay acclimatized meaning less time waiting on the acclimatizer.

JudgeCrane

Jul 29, 2019
thanks guys sorry took me while to reply i am employed now so I dont have much time in day to even play minecraft but playing my worlds on weekdays ;)
thanks for tips and tricks

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
get seed oil setup ASAP for frames/caseings try to find some jungle bees for silk wisps to make bee suit and for propolis for pipes to setup auto breeding

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, seed oil is really important. I use Steve's Carts, just need a solar panel, side chests, and a farmer. Optionally you can add fertilizer and a coal engine but I don't since they need refilled. I'm rolling in seeds, and thus seed oil.

Also cherry trees, they're manual but produce quite a bit. Look good too.
cherry +silver lime =walnut you need 4 sapling but that give a TON of seed oil