New support site (Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
So having tried the current support site and ran a poll to see what people see what you all thought there was no real clear winner from that, I have decided that the current support site isn't that great and will be discontinued as of now, it will be replaced by our new support desk desk.feed-the-beast.com this will be ran by our team (there will also be applications to help out on there soon) so the support given to people as well as the bug tracking should be a lot better, again this is another trial and therefore it may not stay forever depending on how well it works. The idea is that people can still use the forums to get help from the community and if they can't get the answers they need there then they can create a support ticket with us for us to help them, as questions keep appearing we will be adding common answers to the knowledge base so be sure to check there if you have a problem.

I would also like to thank Kayako for allowing us to use this software which normally we would have no hope of ever affording!

Thanks for the feedback as always and be sure to let me know what you think of the new desk.
Captainnana

frederikam

Jul 29, 2019
I may be somewhat conservative with this, but i that on the forums people tend to answer back. Because of the alert system we can also answer questions faster as we get notifications.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I may be somewhat conservative with this, but i that on the forums people tend to answer back. Because of the alert system we can also answer questions faster as we get notifications.
Post a ticket, and you'll see ;)
(It's a very nice set up from our end)

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I did try to register and solve some tickets, the only problem is that there is no available tickets.
There's a new system for it.

Also, for people looking to use the Support Desk, please don't ask for help in a comment on the knowledge base articles. Post a ticket.

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
I like the new site, but when I tried to registered it said my email was already registered and when I tried to log in it said my account was disabled :O I never registered on the new site, but I did on the old one.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
I like the new site, but when I tried to registered it said my email was already registered and when I tried to log in it said my account was disabled :O I never registered on the new site, but I did on the old one.
Can you tell me if you got an e-mail to confirm your registration? I've fielded a LOT of tickets regarding a missing confirmation e-mail, but not one of the people have confirmed which registration they were referring to.
Kind of hard to keep track of things when people stop responding.

Reactions: QueWhat

QueWhat

Jul 29, 2019
Can you tell me if you got an e-mail to confirm your registration? I've fielded a LOT of tickets regarding a missing confirmation e-mail, but not one of the people have confirmed which registration they were referring to.
Kind of hard to keep track of things when people stop responding.
Thing is I never did register until today, but when I tried to register it told me I was already registered. But no I don't have a confirmation email, I did reset the password to try and see if that would work, but it told me my account was disabled when I tried to log in. Also, sorry if this isn't the place to post this :D

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Thing is I never did register until today, but when I tried to register it told me I was already registered. But no I don't have a confirmation email, I did reset the password to try and see if that would work, but it told me my account was disabled when I tried to log in. Also, sorry if this isn't the place to post this :D
Ok, that's something we need to know!
But like I said, it's really hard to help people, and keep track of things, when only about 1/4 of people respond.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
I think that the support site should use the same username and password as the forum? Would make it easier to use and since people are already registered on the forum to look for help, it is one less form they have to fill out.......

Also, I think their should be a way (Is their? I don't know) For trusted forum members (moderators?) to easily escalate a topic from the forum to the help desk as most people are going to go looking in the forum first anyways. It is only after everything in the forum does not work that they are likely going to go to the help desk... That way the Help desk will have everything they already tried, paste-bin links, etc already right there?

Basically, just thin there should be tight integration between the forum and the help desk... AND the wiki. You could store the informative information on the wiki on an unlinked page... Have it listed in the Help desk, and able to link to it (Only some people able to link) on the forum... Just an Idea.

Also, I would really like to help out with some knowledge base stuff for common problems.. (hint hint :D NOT asking, just ... putting it out their that I would like to help)

{edit} Changed it to make sure ppl know I am not asking to be a mod or anything. Just want to help.
{edit} Added 3rd section.

Bracye

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Team: Why do you want to use a support site? Isn't it more admin to do? Is the forum database getting flooded with more support posts?

I like the fact more that I can go to one website (FTB Forums) and get all my info there, instead of going to read posts on here and then on the support site as well. I don't always want to ask a question, but reading posts on the forum about solutions is much easier. And its all under one roof so to speak. Same format, same look, same everything. Instead of different looks.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
For anyone who had an open ticket on the Help Desk, please read this tweet:
https://twitter.com/AshZification/status/313078749463728128

We had an insane amount of backlog on tickets. Please if you're opening a ticket, check out the articles on the Knowledgebase first, as many of the problems can be solved by those articles. Help us, help you, and check out the information available before joining the queue!

Edit, I'll also add: if someone responds to your ticket, and you do not reply after 2 days, your ticket is subject to be closed.
Edit x2: Do not post on the knowledgebase articles requesting help. Every single comment you submit require approval before it is posted. If you post a comment asking for help, it will just get deleted, and you will not get help. Open a ticket if you want help.

Status
Not open for further replies.