New Space Station :Update: World Reset taking build suggestion

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Raefar

Jul 29, 2019
I could write a CC program that would have the mini sphere disembark, then orbit the main sphere and then reattach every 30 mins or so. However that is more CC then actually building.

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
Well, maybe you could just have them manual.
One on each side. One for mining, one for oil, one for exploring(less lag than moving whole base if you could even make that possible at all) with a caterpillar drive to be faster, and one for battling other players

hotblack desiato

Jul 29, 2019
how about a spaceship from the largest and one of the oldest sci-fi series in the world:

a spheric battleship from perry rhodan

rai_fo14.jpg

further information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perry_Rhodan

those spheres exist in various size, up to over 2km diameter.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Yup, the problem with that is due to it being primarily a simple sphere. The multi-ring design that was never completed looked pretty amazing IMO.
That forerunner building looks complicated, but if pulled off, would look AMAZING.
And in general anything floating seems to be good.

Raefar

Jul 29, 2019
The only problem with the forerunner stuff is that Ive never once played halo... So besides a few images that I have found I know nothing about it :(

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Well in that case it may be hard to get truly inspired to build a building in this style, so if you don't initially like the idea, or don't feel inspired by it ca can visualize it in your minds eye, you will never finish it. What games/movies/tv of this type have you/do you like? Any interesting, grand buildings from any of them? If so, then they would be a better place to start than something you don't know/like.

plzent3r

Jul 29, 2019
How about a computer that can display stuff on the screen (jump simple words with maybe a couple 7-segment displays) on command. and you can make a keyboard that has different things in each key, so each would have its own room (space bar would be good for mass storage and whatnot)

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
How about make a giant version of BNK-3R (Bunker) from borderlands 2. Google if you don't know it.
I swear, I'm like the borderlands 2 guy, Morgs is the Space stuff girl, and Exedra is everything else.[DOUBLEPOST=1368475791][/DOUBLEPOST]Now, did you like the idea of BNK-3R, or the second bit Morgs?

the_j485

King of the Wicked
Dec 19, 2012
Look behind you
So build a square instead! :D
MOTHER OF GOD!
Yes! do that! it's possibly the most minecrafty spaceship you could want! IT'S GLORIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![DOUBLEPOST=1368476212][/DOUBLEPOST]Raefar! Just do what I said before but with cubes! PLEASE, I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER!

Raefar

Jul 29, 2019
MOTHER OF GOD!
Yes! do that! it's possibly the most minecrafty spaceship you could want! IT'S GLORIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![DOUBLEPOST=1368476212][/DOUBLEPOST]Raefar! Just do what I said before but with cubes! PLEASE, I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER!
So this

2371517-borgcube.jpg

with mini cubes on all sides that can disembark?

Reactions: YX33A

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
If you're going cuboid, you might as well make it part of a Vogon Deconstructer Fleet. Add a way to make a 1 block wide hole down to bedrock under a MFR Mining Laser Thingy, and you can say it's extracting all the ore on the planet, and once that runs out, the rest of the fleet will be there to help finish construction on the new Hyperspace Expressway.

Reactions: ApSciLiara