New Server, New Showcase: JaRyCu Builds Stuffz!

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
Hey there boys & girls! I've been posting to this subforum for quite a while now in my Minecraft life, and because of you all, I'm starting to do really cool things! The conversations in your replies, the friendships I've been making with some of you, and the beginnings of my YouTube success all started here and I want to say thank you and to start a brand new thread showing off a new server I've begun building on.

To start with, this is a private server in the fact that you have to be whitelisted to join, but it's part of an open Curse Community. If you'd like to join, you're more than welcome. I'm actually looking for a few builders who would like to take part in a long-term project that you'll see unfolding in this thread. You don't have to be an expert builder to get started; if you've seen my previous threads you'll know I'm not an expert by any means. What I'm looking for a men & women who are willing to learn how to build more than just a DW20 9x9 shack and want to build a real town here. If you'd like to be a part of that, join our Curse group here: https://curse.com/invite/OkmKXSxnYUObY655GOmcFA and then look for myself or @JC2XS and we'll tell you what to do from there.

OK now for the good stuff!

TLDR

Really cool world-in-progress. Looking for more builders.
Curse Group: https://curse.com/invite/OkmKXSxnYUObY655GOmcFA
Modpack: Builder's Custom
Imgur Album

World Showcase

First, here's a world showcase I just finished recording.

This shows off every building we've built so far, including an in-depth look at the amazing mob spawner that JC2XS finished last night.

Image Gallery

For those of you who don't have time to watch the video right now, but you'd like to see a few images, I'll include some wrapped in spoiler tags so you can pick & choose what you'd like to see. Note: I am only including images of things that I built, so the mob spawner is not in here. That's JC's baby, not mine. :D

eDkI8nO.png

DHHZpTe.png

CXCsThy.png

EQFmRlE.png

o381tUk.png

To4vRbh.png

The first few shots show the forge as I was building it, and the final shot shows the finished project. This is the building that I call home. On the inside, I have my Refined Storage system, a small Ender IO capacitor bank, a quantum quarry, a SAG Mill, and 2 alloy smelters.

This pack doesn't have any of the major RF mods in it, and that's on purpose. This is not something like SF3 or PO2Kappa where your goal is to get the most of everything as fast as possible. This pack's intention is to give you the tools to build realistic buildings and bases.

For power gen, I figured I'd go with a water wheel. They're easy to build and we're not swimming in resources, so it seems like a good thing for starter power. I remember in 1.7.10, if you tweaked it, you'd get about 88 RF/t, so I built 3 sets of triple wheels to get about 254 RF/t.

qDYBaBQ.png

After I added in the SAG Mill and Alloy Smelters, I needed a little more power, so I built a second set of them and then changed the IE wiring to conduits and ran them into the BS Forge's upstairs area. It could be that I did it wrong, but I could not get any of the 1.7.10 min/maxxing to work on the 1.10.2 version that we're using. 6 sets of triple water wheels were giving me maybe 250-300 RF/t, which is pitiful by any standards. I can't run a city off of that! No one could ever watch TV! I decided drastic measures were needed, so I opted to build out an entire diesel generator area from IE.

j9Gkgct.png

The dirt blocks in the picture are placeholders. I only had enough steel to build what you see, so I'm waiting on more to process while I type up this post. I also didn't realize how quickly the fermenters and squeezer will eat the mats you input, and I'm already running out of things to turn into ethanol and plant oil. Uggh.

tVQVuQN.png

I'm teaching myself to be better at building houses. So far I've built two in the city and I absolutely love how they came out. They're already better than anything I've ever built, and I can't wait to see what else I can learn as I build more and more of them.

Idl3GQC.png

House #1 - I don't have an image of it, but this house also has a subterranean basement that I styled into what I call The 1970's Party Room since it has all wood paneling in it.

PAkJ6Ix.png

JqiFj4M.png

This house was inspired by Grian on YouTube. If you haven't seen him, he's an amazing builder. It's called the Garden House, and I used really colorful crops to make attractive gardens on the first and second floors. Inside of the house is the town's enchanting area with bookshelves, too.

gz0UCfq.png

This is the cow barn. It's hard to see, but there are 10-20 cows inside of the barn.

LBNI0kH.png

Right beside the cows are the pigs, complete with their own mud pit and water hole. They love it.

yIHWf0F.png

Finally we have the sheep pit and horse barn. There are more sheep under the shelter that you can't see, and my goal is 1 sheep of every color in case we try to Spectrolus Botania challenge later. The horse barn was customized by Xy, a builder with us. There are around 10 horses, donkeys, and skeleton horses in the area now, but we have enough saddles and armor for 5-10 more.

ewC1yBx.png

This is a WIP that I should finish off this afternoon. This will be the Magic Wand Shop. JC added Reliquary to the modpack this weekend so that I can get the regular pedestals out of it and display the wands from Better Wands appropriately. I also plan to install a villager or two and custom Malisis Doors to make it look "more official."

H

Hurst_Quayzar

Sounds fun with some cool builds... if I had more time on my hands, I would give it a shot...

Reactions: JaRyCu
H

Hurst_Quayzar

Sure... I will jump in. Can I jump in through the Curse Launcher? If so, how do I find it...n00b.:D

Reactions: JaRyCu
H

Hurst_Quayzar

Okay, I will have to tweak my settings a bit more or go with a different texture pack. Even at 8 gig, I was having some slight lag issues. I love the texture packs, just gotta find one I like and is compatable with the mod.

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
Do you guys have specific project assignments, or do you just build whatever?

So far I'm the only one who's really built anything at spawn, so I haven't laid out my plans to anyone else. I do have a general flow of how I want it to go, and I guess I need to outline it since we have more people interested in building there, too.

H

Hurst_Quayzar

Sorry I haven't been back in. Will have to make it a point to try this weekend. Time permitting.

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
Sorry I haven't been back in. Will have to make it a point to try this weekend. Time permitting.

No worries...this is a long-term server. I've literally done almost nothing but get a Blood Magic altar & tranquility system up and running for the last week. My altar is 4 blocks short of being Tier 6, has a Well of Suffering that feeds off of a Cursed Earth farm to automate LP production, and I even built an RFTools automated wither killer to get nether stars. Everything I've been doing since I recorded the base tour episode has been so grindy, I haven't bothered to record E10 yet, but I'm getting to the point where I want to record and continue the series.

Reactions: Hurst_Quayzar

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
Episode 10 went up this afternoon of the series. Since the world tour, JC's added a wither skeleton killing room down in the nether, and I added an RFTool's wither killer (loosely inspired by the one shown off by @Softwerker in another thread), I've added a max tier Tranquility Altar and I'm almost up to a Tier 6 Blood Altar thanks to the posts by @ShneekeyTheLost. Oh yeah, I also built what I think is a neat looking small city park. :cool:

The LP collection at the altar is completely automated. Underneath the altar, I have a Well of Suffering setup directly on top of a cursed earth farm. Back topside, I used 2 chests connected to the altar with item conduits to automated production of slates. On the output conduit, I have a regular filter installed and I just blacklist all of the tiers except for the one I'm crafting.

JaRyCu

Sep 29, 2015
South Georgia, USA
Episode 11 just went live, and it looks like I'm going to be doing a weekly release on this series. In this one, we explore builds by users other than myself. We start by looking at what Efi has expanded spawn into with an amazing lumber mill and tree farm. After that we warp over to Mellow's new build away from spawn and check out the amazing detail that he's putting into his work. It's the first time I've ever really seen it and took the time to inspect it and all I could say was "WOW!" Finally, we go check out how JC has expanded the mob farm with a fully controllable blaze farm. These guys are so good it's making me reluctant to show off my stuff...I think I'll stick to the big projects and let them handle the details. :eek:

Reactions: Henry Link