New Modpack Issues

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

McGuy

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone else having Issues with the new modpack Unleashed? It seems every world I make It always ends up lagging to where I cant even play it. The world Im playing now doesnt even allow me to mine a block it keeps reappearing and or when i try to eat it never heals me. I dont have this problem with any other modpack.

any reason why this is accruing and how do i fix it?

iNd3x

Jul 29, 2019
And you haven't experienced these problems on the other packs?
Are your pc old, or is it a decent one which should be able to run ftb?

McGuy

Jul 29, 2019
Yea I can run FTB Fairly good but not great. Ive only experienced Big problems in this pack. I have a 4GB of ram I dont wanna lose another world...

iNd3x

Jul 29, 2019
how long have you been playing in the world?
is it before or after you start making machines?

McGuy

Jul 29, 2019
Seemed to start after i made my Lava Pump from overworld but not instantly. and ive been playing on this world for about 2 days and ive gotten pretty far pretty quick Imo. I wonder if updating my driver or anything like that would fix it.

iNd3x

Jul 29, 2019
I know that a pump in nether creates a lot of lava flows, and these can be pretty hard on the client, but as you are starting to build stuff, you should think about what you build, and when the lag starts, maybe look for other solutions which doesn't require as much of your computer

McGuy

Jul 29, 2019
Im using A pump with Liquid Tessaract is how im pumping lava. maybe if i could turn it off some way it would fix the problem. I just updated some stuff on computer to see if it resolves my problem.

iNd3x

Jul 29, 2019
the problem witch might happen while pumping lava are not the machines, but the lava, witch starts to flow, this is cpu heavy

Reactions: Vovk

Vovk

Jul 29, 2019
the problem witch might happen while pumping lava are not the machines, but the lava, witch starts to flow, this is cpu heavy

+1

because of the way it's coded, flowing lava takes well over twice as much memory for the client to handle than still lava. Flowing lava needs to keep track of its level, gives off different amounts of light, and checks its neighbours periodically (the big one) to see if it should disappear.

iNd3x

Jul 29, 2019
it's vanilla, are you playing in a pack with gt?
if so he has a pump which pumps up the lava, and prevents the lava from flowing, i can't remember its name though?
i also think there is another pump which replaces the old lava block with a piece of stone or something?
Any1 got the name on those?

cynric

Jul 29, 2019
it's vanilla, are you playing in a pack with gt?
if so he has a pump which pumps up the lava, and prevents the lava from flowing, i can't remember its name though?
i also think there is another pump which replaces the old lava block with a piece of stone or something?
Any1 got the name on those?

Ender-Thermic Pump from Extra Utilities

McGuy

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly I don't even know what Ender-Thermic Pump from extra Utilities is? Is it installed by default for unleashed or would i have to manually install it or w/e it is. lol sorry. Im kinda new to feed the beast. If its a mod could i get a link

cynric

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, it definitely is already in the new unleashed modpack, possibly disabled. Have you checked NEI for the pump? Press "E", select the box in the lower center and start typing the item name, in this case ender-thermic pump, and you get the filtered results on the right side.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Keep in mind that you probably won't be able to just replace your BC pump with the ExtraUtils pump.

The Ender-Thermic Pump must be placed on the Y-level immediately above the lava sea. It doesn't have to be placed over lava though, so placing it right next to lava works just fine.

After it removes a lava source, it will instantly replace the lava with stone, without causing a block update. This prevents a lot of the lag associated with pumping the nether. It even takes care of its own chunkloading, so there's no need to worry about chunkloaders, either.