New Modpack Challenge

JC685

Feb 13, 2020
I sent a message to the FTB team much similar to what I’m about to tell you. As you may have noticed, there have been a distinct lack of focused (non kitchen-sink and non random mods) modpacks. Back in 1.7, we had quite a few hyper focused and rather interesting packs, but many modders simply lacked the tools needed to make truly outstanding modpacks. Some examples of these absolutely amazing “focused” packs were packs like Regrowth, as well as Blightfall. I know there were many more, official and unofficial, but I can’t for the life of me remember them. I think Blightfall did this hyper focused thing far better than any other of its kind. It had a storyline and landscape that, although it was unrealistic, did a very good job of making sense in the context. Regrowth was pretty awesome too. I noticed a few discrepancies, (giant haybale statues) but was fairly complete. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with kitchen sink packs, but they’ve completely overrun the “market”, leaving a hole once filled by the amazing 1.7 packs we saw years ago. I don’t know who will see this, but please, modders and modpack creators, bring back some of the amazing creativity of the old modpacks. If you need some ideas, here are a few: Tech-based apocalypse pack, magic-based exploration and questing pack, (think lord of the rings style world) or alien world sci-fi style. There’s thousands more possibilities, so I’ll leave it to you guys to come up with em. Feel free to post your ideas.

RaptorSB

Jul 29, 2019
I would love to see an updated Regrowth modpack, and overall agree with the above statments. lol

I've held conversations with my roommate about whether he'd play a Skyblock style pack, if the island was built around an Astral Sorcery mountain temple.