New Mod Update Notifications Off by Default

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

New Mod Update Notifications Off by Default

• Total voters

Keys

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone,

I really appreciate the mods giving in game notifications when a mod needs to be updated. The reason we chose to run FTB on the server was to make it easier to the "would-be" modded Minecraft players. But with the inability to update the mods ourselves, joining on our server quickly floods the users with update messages and quickly drowns out any chat or our MOTD. This also causes the newer players to message admins about the messages where we simply explain to ignore them.

So a simple request, is to have the update notifications off by default, since FTB will release a new modpack with updated mods.

Last edited:

budge

Jul 29, 2019
I think I saw an option in Forge config for a universal update notification toggle. I assume most mods just don't check it or it's a new feature that hasn't been adopted yet.

Can't stand the ones that don't even have a toggle. I'm looking at you, Damage Indicators and Galacticraft.