New Mod: Attained Drops

ModMyMC

Jul 29, 2019
Attained Drops

http://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods/225308-attained-drops

Attained Drops
Overview/Background
I created this mod initially to provide an interesting way to farm ender-pearls and then decided to add support for multiple different mob drops

Blocks
Vitalized Soil
3UFXFTX.png

Vitalized Soil Planter
uoMRnbO.png
uaejoa8.png

Items
Mob-Drop Plant Seed
SRe6mvz.png
3LT7jz7.png

Guide
  1. Craft the Vitalized Soil Planter
  2. Place the Vitalized Soil Planter in the world surrounded by grass or dirt (up to all surrounding 26 blocks)
  3. Wait for the Planter to chance the surrounding soil to Vitalized Soil (which can be broken)
  4. Craft the Mob-Drop Plant Seed and plant on Vitalized Soil
  5. Right-Click on Vitalized soil with a hostile mob drop (or bare hand for chat info)
  6. Bone-Meal plant or wait for it to fully mature (a fully mature one can be broken for seeds)
  7. Once fully mature the plant will sprout bulbs on top that correspond to the drop in the soil underneath
  8. There is a chance that the drop will be sucked out of the soil and need to be replaced
6XtwdE8.png

Post Author: VapourDrive

Reactions: Fixided

Cheeseless

Jul 29, 2019
Seems just a little cheap, but I guess that just means the recipe will be changed in modpacks.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Seems just a little cheap, but I guess that just means the recipe will be changed in modpacks.

I like the mechanic, as long as you can't automate it with mods and stays as a manual thing you need to do yourself
I often find myself needing that 1 particular mob drop and spend a good 10 minutes or longer trying to find that mob, so any alternative that's a bit faster and easier is something that I'm all for

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
I think I speak for everyone when I say that spending 30 minutes to track down and kill an enderman, only to have it drop nothing, is really annoying. Looks like a well done mod overall, nice job.

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
I am open to input as to the cost of the blocks/items. The vitalized soil in itself is completely useless as is the seed. The expense comes mainly from the low return on the drop you place in the soil and the time commitment to wait for progress as well as having to manually keep the soil enriched.
I think I speak for everyone when I say that spending 30 minutes to track down and kill an enderman, only to have it drop nothing, is really annoying. Looks like a well done mod overall, nice job.
Thank! It is still a work in progress for sure.

Note - the actual drops do need to be owned before they can be grown so in essence the seed for an enderpearl is an enderpearl.

Cheeseless

Jul 29, 2019
Don't change it. Your designed recipe works perfectly for the mod outside of modpacks, and there's plenty of ways to change the recipe for modpack makers.

Alpha102

Jul 29, 2019
I'm speaking as a peaceful player, but I really like Attained Drops. It makes the moment of finding bones in the desert temple much more meaningful since it lets me finally get bonemeal, and finding an ender pearl in a dungeon is cause for celebration. Even after that, the frustration factor, RNG, and no automation make the mod worthwhile to use, but if you want huge amounts of mob drops then be prepared to spend a long time with it.

Reactions: VapourDrive

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
I'm speaking as a peaceful player, but I really like Attained Drops. It makes the moment of finding bones in the desert temple much more meaningful since it lets me finally get bonemeal, and finding an ender pearl in a dungeon is cause for celebration. Even after that, the frustration factor, RNG, and no automation make the mod worthwhile to use, but if you want huge amounts of mob drops then be prepared to spend a long time with it.
I am currently working on a game mechanic that would enable hostile mob drops in peaceful. It will require some patience, exploration and non-hostile mob farming. (also some more RNG frustration ;) )

Reactions: Alpha102