New mod/addon idea

VastZeratos

Jul 29, 2019
After watching DW20's Ep.45 of smp series I came up with an idea for a mod, and I'd like to know what You think.
Situation: Rorax was setting up a Filler in a void world. But to put down a marker, a block is needed...

Imagine portable device that (based on player position and which side You are facing) can create in front of You a block of stone or something else. Even when there are no other blocks around.
This device could be powered with UU-matter stored inside it.

What do You think about mod like that? :)

Jonathan1999

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, no too underpowered, I mean UU matter, seriously? Plus there would be too many issues, like what block you're actually looking at. And this can be done with Portal gun mod.

LightKnight

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds cool , but not UU matter .and this is going to be hard to code and kinda hard to know at what block u are looking
also portal gun moveable blocks need to be sticked to other block and u cant leave stuff in mid air

VastZeratos

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, UU matter might be too much...

"kinda hard to know at what block u are looking" - Well, when You build a sky-fortress for example, it doesn't matter where You put the first block... or does it? :)

tatopolos

Jul 29, 2019
without it being a device, it could be a special type of block , an "anchor block" that you can place anywhere.

I'm not really an expert; the problem i foresee: it might be hard to code, since placing blockaction requires an adjacent block