New Launcher Idea(s)

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Do you want to hide the certain 3rd party mod pack?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ExE Boss

Jul 29, 2019
  1. Have some sort of MultiMC functionality
    - Be able to make a custom instance and when you are ready you can press a publish button, which will send the instance to some sort of verification system (kinda like Apple's iTunes app system) that the FTB team will verify and then if it gets verified, it will be published as a 3rd party mod pack, the submitter could be able to set it as a public or private, in case of private, the submitter will receive the private mod pack code. (the publishing process will be optional and it will make FTB 3rd pary mod pack making easier)
  2. Be able to hide public mod packs
    - Reason: some people don't want to see a certain 3rd party mod pack in their mod pack list
    ThatModPack.png
More ideas coming in the future.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Captainnana may have hinted the custom modpack functionality:

the new modpack downloading and building. I don't think anyone will be disappointed by features.
The key there is "building". That may be a hint at custom modpacks in the future. Or it may not, I don't know.

The launcher's currently being completely redesigned, so for all we know both those features are already in the next version. I support both the ideas though, they seem good!

Captainnana

Jul 29, 2019
  1. Have some sort of MultiMC functionality
    - Be able to make a custom instance and when you are ready you can press a publish button, which will send the instance to some sort of verification system (kinda like Apple's iTunes app system) that the FTB team will verify and then if it gets verified, it will be published as a 3rd party mod pack, the submitter could be able to set it as a public or private, in case of private, the submitter will receive the private mod pack code. (the publishing process will be optional and it will make FTB 3rd pary mod pack making easier)
  2. Be able to hide public mod packs
    - Reason: some people don't want to see a certain 3rd party mod pack in their mod pack list
More ideas coming in the future.

The new launcher will have improved sorting so rather than hiding modpacks the modpacks you use most will be at the start of the list so they are easy to find. Our new architecture will build modpacks on your client in a new way, this architecture should make it easy for us to add multimc liek functionality in future if we feel its needed however at this time we are not sure if it will be in the launcher.

Reactions: Nerixel

Badger

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a suggested mod for the FTB launcher:

The ability to add additional 'tabs' to the launcher, with a title of the player's choosing, that contain default vanilla minecraft or with a default forge installation, of a selectable minecraft version, so that a player can build their own 'single player' modpack for themselves off of that 'bare bones' base.
So, you click a tab, select "forge, FML, 1.4.2" and type in "My personal modpack" in the title, and it creates a tab similar to the other tabs like FTB ultimate and DW20 modpack. no fussing with files. Then, you go to 'mods', and start installing mods and screwing around with their config files to make them fit together just as if you were modifying 'magic farm' or 'new world mod pack' for your own personal enjoyment.

This would not violate any rights, would add huge functionality for the player base, be a nod to the 'I wanna play the game my way' group, and earn FTB the undying gratitude of snarky assholes like myself.

(Not to mention it would be a pretty huge reason for people to use FTB instead of Tekkit)
(re-post from suggestion forum)

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019

The ability to add additional 'tabs' to the launcher, with a title of the player's choosing, that contain default vanilla minecraft or with a default forge installation, of a selectable minecraft version, so that a player can build their own 'single player' modpack for themselves off of that 'bare bones' base.
So, you click a tab, select "forge, FML, 1.4.2" and type in "My personal modpack" in the title, and it creates a tab similar to the other tabs like FTB ultimate and DW20 modpack. no fussing with files. Then, you go to 'mods', and start installing mods and screwing around with their config files to make them fit together just as if you were modifying 'magic farm' or 'new world mod pack' for your own personal enjoyment.

This would not violate any rights, would add huge functionality for the player base, be a nod to the 'I wanna play the game my way' group, and earn FTB the undying gratitude of snarky assholes like myself.

(Not to mention it would be a pretty huge reason for people to use FTB instead of Tekkit)

That's pretty much what this means: "this architecture should make it easy for us to add multimc liek functionality in future if we feel its needed however at this time we are not sure if it will be in the launcher."
So, you know it's possible for them to do it, it's just a matter of whether they think it's worth adding.

Greevir

Jul 29, 2019

This would be great, especially since it looks like the development of MultiMC may be coming to an end. (at least from Forkk, anyways). He said he'll do a 1.6 release but won't be actively developing it anymore...... It makes me sad.... MultiMC makes modding minecraft so much less headache inducing.

Status
Not open for further replies.