• No

Votes: 546 88.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DraigoDragon

Jul 29, 2019
not so sure what you mean by "burning eyes out"

When ever I would see that white box If they take your design I would look away because it would hurt to see any more of It.

Any design choice that would make someone think that Is going In a bad direction In colour scheme

Either go all black like FTB or choose white and another colour to go with It and throw away black because your black and white scheme hurts my eye's in certain places

DraigoDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Here's my attempt. Ive made it more os x style, but it could probably look different with every os (and be more in style with it). For me java apps with "one size fits all" design approach always look jarringly out of place.

Anyway, functionality wise:
For me, launcher is for launching my game and, sometimes, tweaking what mods are installed.
So, that's what i've put upfront. Don't really care for other mod packs, maps etc.

Regarding mod editing, I also never understood why there are mod/jar/core tabs. Probably developers know the distinction, but I (and users) don't need to know that.

Filter bar could be hidden via menu item.
Someone suggested world/save management and backups, so i added hypothetical tab for that. could be useful. What also could be useful if mod edit window would show mod version number and update status. Probably impossible without proper infrastructure but still, just an idea for the future.

Hope you like it,
take care!

View attachment 2383[DOUBLEPOST=1362259039][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm @antonkudin on twitter if you want to contact me.

I like all of that except for one thing.

The area where the mod pack's are, It looks like It's for an Ipad to me... and that worries me a lot

Phicksur

Jul 29, 2019
Will it be possible, under the launcher, to modify your java settings present in the launch?

Example: adding -XX: PermSize65m -XX:MaxPermSize65m -Xmn400m to the command line

funisfun8

Jul 29, 2019
I like antonkudin design the best![DOUBLEPOST=1364504862][/DOUBLEPOST]I also like paperlord's design[DOUBLEPOST=1364504910][/DOUBLEPOST]Maybe they can work together too come up with an even better looking launcher?

190halo

Jul 29, 2019
A customizable favorite modpacks page would be amazing ... currently I have to pan through every modpack before finding the one I want and all of the icons look like 80% of the other icons ... would be great :D

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
Will it be possible, under the launcher, to modify your java settings present in the launch?

Example: adding -XX: PermSize65m -XX:MaxPermSize65m -Xmn400m to the command line
You mean Options --> Advanced Options --> Additional Java Parameters?

williamheldf

Jul 29, 2019
Hello i've spend all day working on this and i really hope that you guys woud concider the design i woud really appreciate that.
I know that you guys want it to be a greyish design but i really like this more but on the other hand you guys can just make it grey i does'nt need credit if you are going to use it but it coud be nice my full name is William Held Frandsen. So what i done on the pictures is showing how it will look going into FTB ultimate from the start of the pack this is exactly how i picture it. The writing i used is Futura and i made this on Pages on Mac. If you want me to send the file in word or pages format please just write to me. Thanks for your support heres the pictures

Skærmbillede 2013-03-29 kl. 14.07.34.png
Skærmbillede 2013-03-29 kl. 16.42.59.png
Skærmbillede 2013-03-29 kl. 16.37.51.png

Bye from your friend William Held Frandsen :D

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
I see, because my server is down until Ultimate updates and players are getting antsy.
...and Ultimate has SO many mods.
Do you mean updating to 1.5? That is WAYYY out of the hands of the FTB team. All the mods in the pack need to update first, which may take some time. Prepare for some hardcore waiting if you are going to wait XD

Reactions: Ashzification

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Do you mean updating to 1.5? That is WAYYY out of the hands of the FTB team. All the mods in the pack need to update first, which may take some time. Prepare for some hardcore waiting if you are going to wait XD
No I know the dev pack updaters aren't the reason why it is taking so long, I just wanted to be sure that it wouldn't conflict.

mister_eel

Jul 29, 2019
and when the mods are updated, the FTB team still needs to make things compatible, like using different Woods, copper...

Dustyn Payne

Jul 29, 2019
1. I agree with everything acc1dent said
2. Have a tab in the options screen to change the background of the FTB launcher (also have an option to add custom pictures of your own)
3. Add sounds to the FTB launcher so when you click something it will make a certain sound and when it launches it will play a sound

OmegaPython

Jul 29, 2019
2. Have a tab in the options screen to change the background of the FTB launcher (also have an option to add custom pictures of your own)
3. Add sounds to the FTB launcher so when you click something it will make a certain sound and when it launches it will play a sound
2. Yes, they have said that custom launcher textures are coming.
3. Why? What programs do you use that make a sound every time you click a button?

Status
Not open for further replies.