New Kid On The Skyblock

NeoShade

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone, and thanks for stopping by.

I've been hanging around these forums for a while, peeking over shoulders every now and then, but have never posted anything, so I though it was time I changed that. I wanted to get back into the game a bit, as I haven't been playing for a little while, and I thought that I could have a bit of fun with Infinity Evolved Skyblock.

Before I get into it, I'll let you know a little bit about me. I've played around with Modded Minecraft a little bit, but I've never really got very far, mostly because I tend to lose interest occasionally. I'm hoping to change that this time though, by posting a log of my journey and sharing my experiences with you guys. Maybe that will help me to keep on track.

I'm also going to be playing with the HQM Quests turned on, so hopefully that will help me out a bit in that regard too!

Anyway, let's not waste any more time.

---

vZe2Rkg.png

From humble beginnings. Nothing but a few gardening supplies in here. I'll remember this day when I'm sitting on my skyblock throne later on.

955dOYN.png

Now, I'm no chump... Going to save that bonemeal by planting apple saplings.

Uq9vnQL.png

Which, of course, has the added benefit of providing apples!

KqogV9X.png

Just in case you forgot how a game of Minecraft begins.

YvGQSly.png

As night falls, I'm just about ready to actually start crafting things. Certainly makes the game a whole lot slower when you have to creep around making sure not to fall off the edge of the earth.

an2uFJh.png

Crook was the first thing to be crafted. Gotta hunt those silkworms and make sure to maximise the chance of saplings!

J2uslT8.png

Next priority was to get just a little bit more space. I don't plan to keep my platform up this high for long (I don't like the way the sky flickers to blue when I jump up two blocks from this level, so I really want to be way down lower in the world) but I need a tiny bit more space just for now.

JehHbg0.png

Keeping the questline progressing a bit by starting as early as possible on silkworms. Need that string, yo!

0BJnBMi.png

That looks like it for day one. Feels like so little was achieved...

TYwPqUF.png

Heading into day two and we're currently playing the waiting game.

9NMkEIJ.png

Can't wait until I have enough space to do something else while the silkworms are silkworming.

x3KMMwy.png

I though in the meantime maybe I could knock over a quest or two. Forgot how brutal Infinity Evolved is with wood recipies though, so that came to a screeching halt.

JqdhKwS.png

Finally ready to harvest some string. That's one step closer to getting my base where I want it to be situated.

pYd4WYr.png

23 string isn't a fantastic haul from a single tree, but it's not too bad.

g8SZlNL.png

The rest of the day (and night) will be spent farming a bit more wood so that I can finish up that Tinkers' quest.

qjNipCn.png

At least I won't go hungry!

kVXmQIj.png

As the new day dawns, I still can't shake the feeling that I'm not really getting anywhere...

NeoShade

Jul 29, 2019
DqcYKpq.png

Day three begins much like day two did... we're waiting on silkworms once again.

odtsa6I.png

I hope this rain isn't a sign of things to come.

neoEbyn.png

Finally ready for the next "step".

q94Auxa.png

That's... a long way down.

UMBfHpi.png

Let's put all the stuff in here, just in case things go wrong.

OqwbuMs.png

I wonder if all this rain is going to make the ladder slippery?

SivLz32.png

We'll just go down a llittle way. Y level 50 sounds good to me.

y6TUpiO.png

Time to clean up theis top level now.

uqy8XLB.png

Can't believe this one job took me all day!

M1vGlwY.png

Finally done with the move, we can start getting ourselves set up properly now! Bring on day four!

csVZgn3.png

Alright! Time to get to work!

nmWWdok.png

Of course, by work, I mean collecting even more wood.

WaYViVw.png

Expanded out our little platform...

XCMEgH8.png

Gotta love those below-sea-level sunsets.

wKud5ON.png

I guess everybody knows by now that crafting tables don't burn, right?

gCmtQRX.png

Not much progress today, but if it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Last edited:

NeoShade

Jul 29, 2019
71W1CZu.png

Finally, with a new day comes a new bit of construction.

lHu3QmL.png

I'd be speaking too soon if I said we were done with the tree punching though.

dp9j3TO.png

Things are starting to take shape.

V9dYwUD.png

That, ladies and gentlemen, is a cobblestone generator. It's not pretty, but it's functional.

f4yJlJn.png

I'll tidy up the platform at least.

UPWvqKY.png

It's about time I set these down somewhere too.

5efBc2E.png

And I should probably make one of these.

ruLkoQ7.png

Armed with the indestructable chicken stick, nothing can stop me now!

5EtLg8Z.png

Ex... something or other, I guess.

JWMJhVB.png

Oooh, look! I've actually got a proper tool now!

IUfSvd7.png

And thus ends probably my most productive day so far!