New idea for map (name TBD)

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
While riding in the car listening to Frozen in the front seat while the sister sings in the back, I had a fleeting idea for a map and decided to share before I forget. Most maps nowadays focus on tech and have magic as a side thing. Agrarian skies makes fabulous use of blood magic with the later updates, but most quests are still tech-based.

What if there was a pack/map to change this idea? In real life, people had minimal tech but were instead obsessed with alchemy and other, well, thaumic things. What if a pack followed this progression tree rather than the typical tech-first magic-later tree?

I have ideas on how to implement this in a functional and playable way, but I wanted the input of you lot before I spend time attempting it. Should I make it a skyblock map? If so, I think I would give a rather large starting area because there is kind of a reason thaumcraft and blood magic are later game in AgSkies. Should it be a completely new modpack, or just minetweaker the shit out of an existing pack?

/walloftext

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
Got bored, so I drafted some lore for the map (I decided on my own, but always open to suggestions :D) and the basic story is you are a wizard in a medieval kingdom. One day, you are testing new experiments and a stray fireball meant for a front lawn creeper goes astray and nails an innocent citizen. People, who already were searching for a reason to have you executed, take advantage of the opportunity to destroy you. They come with TNT and all of the kingdom's weapons to kill you. Weak, surprised, and dying, you use the last of your powers to save yourself, your tower, and what is left of the mountain on which you constructed it. You use your most ambitious spell yet, but it is extremely dangerous. The area of land is transported into a parallel dimension where you are confident nobody will find you. Unfortunately, the transportation destroyed almost all organic matter. Your green lawn, flowers, farms, and trees are all gone...except for one especially resilient sapling. Your delicate magic equipment was all destroyed by the angry mob, and you think you fell on your head, because you do not remember any of the research you have done in the magic realms. Will you thrive in this new dimension as you did in the other, or will you take your revenge on the petty, mundane citizens of the old world and take what is yours?