new computer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

David Wert

Jul 29, 2019
I got a new computer today, I was able to download vanilla minecraft and it works fine. I try to use the FTB loader to run the Direwolf20 mod pack and it goes through all the downloading of everything then the loader just shuts down and minecraft does not load. What am I doing wrong?

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
My guess you have an unsupported version of Java, if you just got a Windows 8 or 8.1 machine, I guess you installed Java 8 or it was preinstalled for you, which I think isn't compatible yet with the FTB Launcher (I could be wrong here), go download and install Java 7 64 bits edition, delete all other edition of Java you can find, restart your computer and download the .jar FTB Launcher, delete the whole FTB files you could have downloaded before and start the .jar FTB Launcher and choose a simple folder like in C:\FTB do not try to install it in program files or any windows protected area, it can cause a lot of problems, I usually have a folder for games on my C:\Games\any games go there...

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
Check your error logs. Text files, two in the main folder and one in within the pack's folder in "crash-reports". I do know that Rei's minimap can cause the game to quit to desktop, but only if you've started Minecraft, but before it loads all the way.