New Buildcraft Textures...

Do you like the new Buildcraft textures?

• No! Bring the old ones back!

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Yes! They look good.

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • Maybe...

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters

Wolfie_Waffle

Jul 29, 2019
No. I said from one mod. I want blocks from one mod to look coherent and look as if they were from one mod. (Actually, I want that for all mods eventually, because I hate the idea of players having to discern between mods at all. But that's another story)

I agree that the textures from one mod should look unified, but still distinguishable within the mod. I think that each mod should generally have a different visual style, because it would be boring if everything looked like white cubes, but when making modpacks, I want to feel like I'm playing one big mod made of smaller but working-together mods. Which is why mod-sorting pipes bother me, as well as having 5 different types of copper - they make it less unified and split up the mods. IMO, an ounce of mod-interaction is worth a pound of new features in mod updates.

Not to say that some mods should have separations. For example many people suggest a botania mana to life essence flower, which I personally think is a terrible idea.

But this is supposed to be about textures, not flowers. I think buildcraft needs a unified but distinguishable "that's buildcraft" style, and the individual blocks should be identifiable, but it shouldn't have 5 styles in one mod.

(As I side note, I had an idea for a mod called Oreverride (or something more creative :p) which allows you to choose an oredict item from one mod, and it "replaces" the other mods, like a TCon smeltery would output the ingot you chose, and ideally ever major ore processing mod would also output the specified ingot. Kind of like a global ore camouflage from AE2.)

Last edited:

Owen343

Apr 1, 2013
As someone that uses a resource pack that is cobbled together with patches and compromises, I don't hate the new textures, but a bit of warning and a guide on how to build the right texture formats (looking at you laser assembly table) might help those who have no dedicated texture provider (I use Painterly, with little to no mod support natively). I am mainly airing this because I tried to refit the old textures to fit the new format, and all I got was black blocks and was very annoyed.