Problem New build, lag spikes, connection issues.

Chradke

Jul 29, 2019
Modpack: Mindcrack v 8.2.0

CPU: AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz 8 core

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 630 4 GB PCI express 2.0 x16

RAM: 16 GiB G Skill DDR3

MB: Gigabyte 970A-DU3

Java: Standard version 7 update 17

I am hosting a FTB server on my computer for myself and a couple friends, and myself more than others experience various typers of lag while the server is open. We all have times when out chat won't show in game and we have to re log. Myself, I have this problem fairly often, as well as problems with chests not opening and not being able to access machines. If i enter an are that has just loaded, some machines will have lost their texture, and left looking like an advanced machine block, and until they load, I cannot enter the mah=chine's GUI or I'll crash.
Some other problems i'm having is the server saying it can't keep up somewhat frequently, and I'll get some ridiculous mouse lag even if FTB is closed and just the server is open. I have some HP wireless mouse that I bought because i thought my old Ligitech mouse was the problem (also wireless). I tried plugging in a wired mouse, and that gets rid of the mouse problem.

Before the new build, I had only 4 gigs of ram, and an intel core 2 quad processor, and apart from it being just a tad choppy for me, FTB ran fine for everyone (same modpack, just the previous version) I've tried allocating myself more RAM in the FTB options, I've tried (possibly doing it incorrectly though) allocating Java more RAM and I have tried allocating the server more ram in the .BAT file, nothing has helped.
Also, I have tried lowering view distance, graphics, smooth lighting, all that jazz, no difference.

If anyone can give me any tips, I would be most grateful.

If more information is needed, just ask.

Thanks in advance.

Edit-

I may have forgotten to mention, when i first installed FTB on the new comp, it ran gloriously. But after a couple hours, the performance dropped, and I began having the above problems.

Chradke

Jul 29, 2019
Pardon my smart ass reply, but no, I haven't read all two thousand threads already regarding the issue, only the first couple hundred.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Chradke

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, my apologies for coming off wrong. I simply meant that I have checked many threads, done many searches around the internet and nothing has helped me. It might just be a hardware problem, idk. One of your links I've read before and came out unhelpful as there are less chunks being kept loaded now than there was before I updated. Nobody is ever in the twilight forest, even if they are, it runs just the same as the overworld. Your third link is an unanswered question, and the 4th link is simply stating what I already know: don't click them til they are loaded. Your final link i previously followed all the way to the end and tried that .bat string, and it hasn't helped. Is the big one in the edit different from the one I have? I guess it only makes sense to try that next.

Chradke

Jul 29, 2019
I do, that's usually the first thing I check if I'm having a Minecraft related problem.

Any other ideas?

Naolas

Jul 29, 2019
TickThreading has some excellent profiling options.
  1. Make copy of your server
  2. Install TickThreading (grab the latest)
  3. Do a /profile e 60 and see if there are any culprits
  4. /ticks is also great to see if there are certain regions
With your number of cores, TT might be a good idea in general. Just keep in mind to do proper backups.

Something else you can try is "save-off", to suspend chunk unloading. You easily have the resources available to do that for a couple minutes and then toggle save-on/save-all/save-off periodically. If you do that, however, make sure to do you automatic backups right after the save-off. Otherwise, your player and region files will be out of sync.