Never-Ending Explosions

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
Just in case, I think my next world's gonna take it a bit easy on Thaumcraft. Or, if I get it goin, I'll take it somewhere faaaaaar away. Thankfully, I found 4 portal spawners in a dungeon chest, sooooooo...luck!
I think I'm going to hold off on Thaumcraft until I get a stable age. That way, if I bork things up, I can just abandon the age, and keep all my research.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
Nah it's not that bad I've got all research complete, I'm running around with a full set of tools, I have Golems out the wazoo, I live next to a Barrow w/Dark Node (about 40 blocks or so away from my main house) and my Flux just grows grass (ok I do get the very occasional leakage of hostile wisps from the Barrow but if I could be bothered I could plug it or set up a Wisp grinder I suppose but really they are sorta fun to chase down and kill). The key is to be very very careful about exactly which aspects you spill as flux stick to benign or possible even positive ones (natural non-energetic ones all seem to be safe) and I have been overcharging my Aura occasionally by dumping very large amounts of those essentia via the simple method of filling the crucible and shift clicking it, last dump was around 300ish of Herba\Lignum each (lots of grass\wood :D)
I do need to do some testing on exactly how these essentia affect the flux since there does seem to be some secondary effects of them.

Dravarden

Jul 29, 2019
wisp essence always have: 1 animus, 1 mutatio and 4 of whatever you trew a lot into the atmosphere.

CrafterOfMines57

Jul 29, 2019
and as soon as you have 2 siphoons in the world both explode with the force of 4 reactors each.
Are you absolutely certain about that? Last time I tried it, it only exploded with maybe the force of 4 TNT, and the glitches with it have since been fixed making the siphon a very unlikely source of explosion.

EDIT: I just tested it, it explodes in like a 10 block radius, but thanks for the misinformation