NetworkDispatcher exception

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
S

Saige

Title NetworkDispatcher exception

Launcher Type FTB Launcher

Modpack FTB Revelation

Modpack version 1.12.2

Have you modified the pack? No

Link to log file http://paste.feed-the-beast.com/view/a0087e8c

Details of the issue A friend of mine setup a server and I've been struggling to connect. I have to attempt to connect to the (any) server multiple times before I finally get in. Even while I am in the server I cannot go through any portal or else my game will crash with the same error. Heck, my game will crash at seemingly random times, with this same error. Another person on the server has been having the same issue, but in lesser amounts. We get the message of "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the host." In order to increase my chances (probably, I don't have any actual proof) I lowered my render distance down to 3, even though I was rarely getting frame drops. Also, I have reinstalled the modpack and Java multiple times, but to no avail. I've switching java paths, but that also didn't help. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head, but ask if you have any other questions. Please help.

Last edited by a moderator:

zaq_hack

Jul 29, 2019
Did you ever figure this one out? I'm having a similar issue. I have multiple computers in the house, but only one is giving me this hassle.

zaq_hack

Jul 29, 2019
[23:47:17] [Netty Client IO #2/INFO] [FML]: Aborting client handshake "VANILLA"
[23:47:17] [Netty Client IO #2/INFO] [FML]: [Netty Client IO #2] Client side vanilla connection established
[23:47:21] [Netty Client IO #2/ERROR] [FML]: NetworkDispatcher exception

Seems like on yours, you have a Vanilla build trying to connect instead of Forge. On mine, I am just getting a strange timeout.

[21:58:20] [Netty Server IO #2/INFO] [journeymap]: CLIENT
[21:58:20] [Netty Server IO #2/INFO] [FML]: Attempting connection with missing mods [bedpatch] at CLIENT
[21:58:50] [Netty Server IO #2/ERROR] [FML]: NetworkDispatcher exception
io.netty.handler.timeout.ReadTimeoutException: null
[21:58:50] [Server thread/INFO]: zaq_hack lost connection: Timed out
[21:58:51] [Server thread/INFO]: zaq_hack left the game

E

Eladros

I am having this exact problem. It doesn't occur on other mod packs, only Revelation.