nether quarry??

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
You'll get plenty of ores, plus tons of Netherrack which you can turn into Lava via Magmatic Engines (yep, they produce a surplus of power when melting Netherrack.)

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
Does some mod add diamonds to the nether?
I'm pretty sure they don't generate there in vanilla mc.

The Nether Ores mod. Adds versions of Coal, Iron, Diamond, Gold, Lapis, Redstone, Emerald, Uranium, Tin, Copper, Rubies, Sapphires, Green Sapphires, and probably a few others I forgot, embedded in Netherrack instead of Stone, to the Nether.

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
A quarry in the nether then would probably be useless.. UNLESS you turned lava into obsidian via UU>water source>water on lava then you'd have a ton of obsidian :D

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
the servor im on is direwolf20...so no nether ores mod
Apart from the obsidian thing, the nether bees thing still applies; as do the uses for netherrack (convert to lava for magmatic engines at net MJ gain or turn them into nether brick).

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019
A quarry in the nether then would probably be useless.. UNLESS you turned lava into obsidian via UU>water source>water on lava then you'd have a ton of obsidian :D

Eh, Obsidian's pretty easy to get via EE3 or Igneous Extruders in DW20 anyways.

Phantom27

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still waiting for a mod to add some kind of obsidian bricks. I like dark coloured blocks, however i don't want to use blocks I see while caving as a building material. I'd prefer something more "refined"

When that happens, I might finally have a use for all the obsidian I've accumulated so far. Then I can worry about getting more.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still waiting for a mod to add some kind of obsidian bricks. I like dark coloured blocks, however i don't want to use blocks I see while caving as a building material. I'd prefer something more "refined"

When that happens, I might finally have a use for all the obsidian I've accumulated so far. Then I can worry about getting more.
Minefactory reloaded.

Blackstone, Blackstone bricks, Blackstone small bricks, and some other kind of blackstone something. Also obisidian bricks, glowstone bricks...

All kinds of bricks basically.

Also, underground biomes black granite bricks are neat. If not all that black.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
RailCraft version 7.1.0.0 adds a TON of neat new bricks in a variety of colors and patterns (once you start running 1.5.1).

In regards to the Nether Quarry idea, I've always wondered but never tried. Hmm.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019

Tconstuct obsidian brick made with chisel ?.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
RailCraft version 7.1.0.0 adds a TON of neat new bricks in a variety of colors and patterns (once you start running 1.5.1).

In regards to the Nether Quarry idea, I've always wondered but never tried. Hmm.
Its even more appealing with the semi-new inclusion of Nether Iridium Ore(maybe in 1.5.1+ only, maybe not, FTB Launcher isn't working for me) in Nether Ores. Use a Induction Furnace from TE with some rich slag and you get 3 iridium ore blocks, run them through a industrial grinder with mercury cells and that's 6 iridium per nether ore, and 3 platinum.
Not a super big deal on the platinum unless you have better uses for it then making Iridium Nuggets, though.

Phantom27

Jul 29, 2019
Minefactory reloaded.

Blackstone, Blackstone bricks, Blackstone small bricks, and some other kind of blackstone something. Also obisidian bricks, glowstone bricks...

All kinds of bricks basically.

Also, underground biomes black granite bricks are neat. If not all that black.

Oh nice, I didn't know MFR adds so many blocks, I thought it was mainly machines and such. I've seen videos of underground biomes, it looks awesome. Here's hoping it gets added to the packs...or at least it merges with EBXL, if that's still happening.

Tconstuct obsidian brick made with chisel ?.

You say that as if it's an obvious choice? Why do you assume everyone plays on 1.5 when the official packs are still in 1.4.7? As far as I know, Tinker's Construct isn't included in any of the current packs.

But yes, I think I may have seen those, and they do look pretty nice.