nether pigman Ultimate pack.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
Since when are they hostile. They wasn't in the beta. Popped to nether to get some soul sand and wasn't per-paired to deal with the pigmen. had a terrible nether spawn on top of it. spawned on a island floating over lava^^. Had to build a bridge over land so I could drop down. Then build steps to get back up.

I survived got 3 stacks of souls sand, but jumped out of my chair when a pigmen jumped in my hole i was digging sand out of and started hitting me.

Reactions: MFINN23

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know whether it's still the case, but I do know that the nether ores mod used to make pigmen somewhat protective over their valuables. It might be that you picked up some ore by accident?

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
ah i was mining it, so as long as i leave it alone they leave me alone?

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
There are 4 other "Ultimate" related threads in the first page of the general FTB chat forum, could this not have been asked on one of those?

Reactions: Geometry

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
sorry I can't see the topics on front page. It happens only on this site. I have advertisment scrolling up my left side of my screen.
Not sure if it is a virus or not. only happens on this site.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I know, yes, leaving the ores alone will make them leave you alone. Standard practice of not going into someone's country and stealing all their resources.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
k thx. anyone know anything about this advertisment scrolling up left
side of this forum? it only happens on this site.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
i am using firefox installed one of there addons ad blockers. looks like I got some ad-ware. I will get rid of it. this will work till then.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
Or use Opera. Ad Free when on sites and forums, and with adblocker, add free on youtube vids too. (I always found Chrome to have needless adspam :/ )

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to point out that most of the free sites run adds in order to stay free.

I agree that some sites have adds all over the place, and that hinders the reading, but most sites try to keep that to a minimum.

As for youtube, blocking the adds means that you are actively *not* supporting the poster of the video. While this can be fine for many people, it takes a copious amount of time to make good videos, between recording, editing, encoding and uploading. Plus, you can skip most of the adds after 6 seconds, not that bad of a trade to be able to have quality videos, assuming that it is what you watch.

Anyway, back on topic, did anyone do enough testing to assure that pigmen will only react if you mine the new nether ores?
Because there are also the ones that drop the dusts (GT ?), and I am not sure whether or not they attract them too.
Let's just say that I am not quite ready to be fighting them in their land, so I would love to know what I need to evade in order to keep peace with them for now.