Pack Version

What is the bug? I made a nether portal an when through it an i was not a void

Mod & Version none

Link to log file

Is it repeatable?

Known Fix

L

lordtazan56

I too made a portal in SF3.0.9 and it wasn't a void nether.

C

CF Worthy

I've also noticed this... chunks that I had already loaded were still void, but looking around the rest of the nether, it's no longer a void throughout.

H

Hagnkerchief

Nether was not a void in both 3.0.9 and 3.0.10, reinstalled and repeated.

EDIT: The Sky factory subreddit helped out, found that the Natura config has a nether override set to true. Change it to false and your nether will generate as void properly.

Last edited:
C

CF Worthy

Nether was not a void in both 3.0.9 and 3.0.10, reinstalled and repeated.

EDIT: The Sky factory subreddit helped out, found that the Natura config has a nether override set to true. Change it to false and your nether will generate as void properly.

Mind telling us how to find this "config" for Natura? For whatever reason the only place I can find a config button is in the MAIN MENU under MOD OPTIONS... though this button has remained grey'd out every time I try to use it.

I appreciate any help you can provide!

H

Hagnkerchief

I edited the actual text config file for Natura in the Minecraft Instance folder.

You just need to:
1) Find where your instance of Sky Factory 3 is installed
2) Go into the "config" folder
3) Locate and open "natura.cfg"
4) Replace """ B:"Override Nether"=true """ with """ B:"Override Nether"=false """

Now when you generate new nether chunks they should be void. Hope you brought your flight of choice!

Reactions: Uberfuzzy
T

TheMadCat

If you want convert all the chunks or selected ones to void use MCEdit. Luckly for me I only had few chunks I wanted to keep, so it was simple to due.

Make a backup of the world BEFORE using MCEdit!

S

sugnaangus

I too have the same issue. Does changing the natura config still allow nether fortresses to spawn?

F

fifthorseman

how do you edit the line? Thats the only part im stuck on

C

CF Worthy

@sugnaangus the fortresses will spawn as normal.

@fifthorseman the file we're talking about is a normal text document. You would simply find the line of code and change the text from "true" to "false", then be sure to save the document. Same name, same location.

X

xaviara

hi, playing on version 3.0.15 and when i enter the nether it says i`m in hell. i also checked zhe natura config and there it already says "Override Nether"=false ". is there a way to fix it?