nether + mffs = DireMiner, and ae shenanigans

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
watching direwolf20's lp series, he made a sweet mining platform that hes using in the deep dark for some crazy ore hoarding.

i just did something similar, but without the am2 portal to get to the platform and back:

2014-05-12_00.45.54.png

almost the same setup. coercion driver -> fortron cap -> 2 force manipulators. 1 moves the entire platform...the other moves the manipulator that moves the platform. the differences tho, are many. i use a projet red timer to toggle the platform mover, with a repeater set to 32 ticks to toggle the secoond manipulator. direwolf also had additional logic to toggle the tesseract and detect if the platform didnt move, and had a 3rd manipulator set to disentegrate blocks in front of the platform.

instead of a disentegrate field, i use 2 rows of transition planes from AE:

2014-05-12_00.45.45.png

these are directly in front of the mining wells and ender chests, plus 1 extra on the side to cover the cable running from the planes to the ae controller. the ae is setup to store all incoming items from the planes into the storage bus hooked up to the ender chest. no need for storage, export/import buses, etc.

now you wonder, what is that turtle doing..well when an ae controller is moved by an mffs field, it leaves behind a 'ghost' that prevents the ae system from working after the mffs manipulator moves the platform. you cant see the block, can place any other block in that space, but the ae controller is dead and the planes dont collect the blocks in front of them. BUT...if you place me cables around that area, youll notice they try to connect to something that isnt there. You can see the glitch in the screenshot, note the branch on the me cable on the right of the controller. all the turtle does is place an me cable in the open space in front of the controller and breaks it. this basically resets the ae controller and makes it work again, letting the transition planes do their thing and the platform can move.

this, plus nether ores, metallurgy and mimicry equals lots...and lots...of ore

Reactions: Padfoote

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Nice
I also noticed the problem with the ME controller not functioning right. I tried to fix it with a Terrain Smasher and Autonomous Activator breaking and replacing the controller each time. I think your solution is better.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
I wonder if moving another AE cable using the second mover will also reset the AE system

you set the primary mover to move everything but itself and a cable, the secondary mover then moves the primary and the cable, after which the cable is connected to the AE and resets the network

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
on second though a line of 3 cables below the moving box with a placer above the first; a cable above the second and a transition plane above the last will also work without the turtle

there are 2 cables, below the placer and cable

the platform moves and the 2 cables are now below the cable and the transition plane, the transition plane breaks the cable and a configured storage bus will put it in the placer which will place it down again

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
the problem isnt the cables. its the controller. placing/breaking a cable in the spot it used to be in solved the problem

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
another though: there is no need for the mining wells to be on the second layer they can be in the last layer (assuming you can work around the turtle issue)

steve g

Jul 29, 2019
the whole machine is 17x6, 2 high...theres not much room to move things around. i removed the turtle. just keeping a cable attached to the front of the controller (where it would have been in prevoious platform position) is enough to keep it going. cant really move the mining wells, those chests have to be above the wells to catch the drops. the transition planes handle eating everything in the top 2 layers

its transition planes covering the entire front, then mining wells with ender chests above, then redstone conduits, tesseract, mffs machinery, ae system, project red timing, and a chunk loader. the whole thing rides the very top of the nether, just under the bedrock

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
I meant moving everything between the transition planes and the mining wells, there is no need for them to be next to each other and the ender chests can be on the oposite side of the miningwells,

with some doing you could make the entire thing just 1 high

heggico

Jul 29, 2019
Why bother with one high? This seems to work fine, just 2 things:
1. The transition planes are touching the interface right? So those 2 planes and cable on the right aren't needed.
2. Am I the only one that fixed this AE but by just place stone behind it? I've used that alot now and it works (or at least worked, haven't tried it in a while now). No need for turtles,terrain smashers or other... thingies.

-edit-
scrached number 1, just realized it was a storage bus :)

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
Why bother with one high? This seems to work fine, just 2 things:
1. The transition planes are touching the interface right? So those 2 planes and cable on the right aren't needed.
2. Am I the only one that fixed this AE but by just place stone behind it? I've used that alot now and it works (or at least worked, haven't tried it in a while now). No need for turtles,terrain smashers or other... thingies.

-edit-
scrached number 1, just realized it was a storage bus :)
I'm a programmer... I like to optimize these kind of things as is there is a column that isn't mined out that would be solved by moving the miningwells to the back allowing full use of the width for mining