NEI ToolTips Wont Disappear

nuke21

Jul 29, 2019
So I open my inventory, go to the Options, then World, then have Tooltips to hidden but it is still there in the top middle of my screen showing every block I am looking at and it is driving me insane. What am I doing wrong?

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
If setting it in the game does not work you can try deleting the NEI folder and NEI.cfg in your saves folder. That is where the settings for NEI for that save is.

nuke21

Jul 29, 2019
I deleted it and it is still there.[DOUBLEPOST=1386799092][/DOUBLEPOST]
w6im.jpg

It is driving me insane seeing this all the time. I want NEI, but if I can't get rid of this I won't use it. I am using modpack Direwolf20_1_6_4

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry it was NEI.dat not NEI.cfg There are two folders for NEI. One just inside the saves folder the other inside each save folder. Try deleting both. If that does not fix it then I'm out of ideas at the moment sorry.

Edit: @Below Sorry I thought that default was that it was disabled. It might be different in the packs compared to the self created packs. As in FTB might want it enabled by default.

Last edited:

nuke21

Jul 29, 2019
deleting it just restores it to default, which is to have this stupid thing appear.