NEI not showing inventory pages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mgriffith67

Jul 29, 2019
My daughter and I play FTB on a LAN server at home. The main host pc won't show the invo pages after logging in? It shows 0/0 pages? It works fine on the other pc? Also I keep getting NEI error reports as follows :

Code:
NEI Version: 1.4.5.1
java.lang.ClassCastException: bu cannot be cast to bq
at codechicken.nei.NEIClientConfig.loadWorld(NEIClientConfig.java:315)
at codechicken.nei.ClientPacketHandler.handleSMPCheck(ClientPacketHandler.java:123)
at codechicken.nei.ClientPacketHandler.handlePacket(ClientPacketHandler.java:26)
at codechicken.core.PacketCustom$ClientPacketHander.handle(PacketCustom.java:90)
at codechicken.core.PacketCustom$CustomPacketHandler.onPacketData(PacketCustom.java:59)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.NetworkRegistry.handlePacket(NetworkRegistry.java:243)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.NetworkRegistry.handleCustomPacket(NetworkRegistry.java:233)
at cpw.mods.fml.common.network.FMLNetworkHandler.handlePacket250Packet(FMLNetworkHandler.java:71)
at ayh.a(NetClientHandler.java:1483)
at di.a(SourceFile:59)
at cf.b(MemoryConnection.java:80)
at ayh.d(NetClientHandler.java:240)
at ayu.c(SourceFile:31)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.l(Minecraft.java:1537)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.J(Minecraft.java:846)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:771)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I am also getting messages about ID numbers missing for certain items? weird, I dont know whats going on? It happened after we updated .

Nessiroj

Jul 29, 2019
Make a backup of the world (important) afterwards press forceupdate in the launcher (atleast i presume your just opening your client to LAN so it acts as LAN server)?

PotatoSamurai

Jul 29, 2019
My daughter and I play FTB on a LAN server at home.

Awesome.

Anyways, I've been wrangling with this problem too, constantly; I tried writing a macro that automatically deletes NEI.dat before launching, but that didn't solve the problem. It still frequently fails to load.

Referencing this thread, and knowing I have a pretty meager amount of RAM, it's most likely a hardware deficiency -- not enough available memory -- or a hardware problem, if you SHOULD have more than enough (>3g I suppose; I have that much available).
http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/nei-doesnt-load-sometimes.31142/
Another thing to try if you might be having RAM issues is to reduce the amount of RAM minecraft is allowed in the launcher options, or to use a "RAM cleaning" tool like Advanced Systemcare, which is free.

Ashzification

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome.

Anyways, I've been wrangling with this problem too, constantly; I tried writing a macro that automatically deletes NEI.dat before launching, but that didn't solve the problem. It still frequently fails to load.

Referencing this thread, and knowing I have a pretty meager amount of RAM, it's most likely a hardware deficiency -- not enough available memory -- or a hardware problem, if you SHOULD have more than enough (>3g I suppose; I have that much available).
Another thing to try if you might be having RAM issues is to reduce the amount of RAM minecraft is allowed in the launcher options, or to use a "RAM cleaning" tool like Advanced Systemcare, which is free.
....This thread is 9 months old.

Status
Not open for further replies.