Needs some help with two set ups.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
First of all how do you create a library/enchanting room without making it feel cramped?

Second, how do you use reactant dynamos and still make them look clean? right now I have 3 pipes coming into each engine and it looks rather bad. (gunpowder, liquid glowstone, and obviously power output)

DanteGalileo

Jul 29, 2019
First of all how do you create a library/enchanting room without making it feel cramped?

You can use pistons to raise/lower the bookcases. I've also heard that Bibliocraft bookshelves (with books inside) aid in enchanting and I don't think you'd need as many to max enchanting.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Second, how do you use reactant dynamos and still make them look clean? right now I have 3 pipes coming into each engine and it looks rather bad. (gunpowder, liquid glowstone, and obviously power output)

If you have Ender IO, you can put all three of those pipes into a single block.

Skidd2

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I can't say anything as far as reactant dynamos go, I just use steam/magmatic currently... but I did build them, under my floor, and I only have my fuel/steam lines going inside, since they don't need anything else other then the "fuel" to run, and the power-line to get the power out. so, neatly hidden, and still efficiently accessible, via wire hidden with micro parts in the walls.

As for the enchanting room, I put mine in the corner of my base, and surrounded the edge of the room (from floor to ceiling) with clear glass. to me , it makes the room feel open and less constricted, while still offering protection. (interrupted, otherwise I'd post a screen shot)

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Add more space around it. Don't make the enchanting the main focus of the room it's in and instead make it a one-off side room/compartment. You also only need 15 bookshelves/8 Biblio shelves with books/6 enchanted wood to max out an enchanting table.

Reactions: DanteGalileo

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
Also You can use one of those things that are needed to create the Ender Quarry, they are pretty cheap upgrade to the magical Wood, for basicly free stuff if you have visit the End, which is easy by itself, then you need it + 2 Magical Wood so all you need is 3 blocks.

Loxinnightwalker

Jul 29, 2019
For the reactant dynamos I like to have them in walls so I can use covers and things to keep them looking nice. for bookshelves try drawbridges, they are nice, and easy to hide. :D

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I use vanilla bookshelves for my enchanting room. The whole trick is that a line of bookshelves running around it can max it out if they are the right distance away(which is 2 blocks IIRC). So, just cut that down to the corners, leaving a 1 block gap to enter through when approaching the table, with the 4 removed bits used to cap the corners.
I'll edit this post with my enchanting room setup, which as an aside, ends up looking great almost anywhere now due to the utter simplicity of the design.[DOUBLEPOST=1395260075][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also You can use one of those things that are needed to create the Ender Quarry, they are pretty cheap upgrade to the magical Wood, for basicly free stuff if you have visit the End, which is easy by itself, then you need it + 2 Magical Wood so all you need is 3 blocks.
Also, as a reminder, that thing is the Ender Computational Matrix. It increases the enchanting table level count of 20, and enchanted wood increases it by 5.

MEGA EDIT POWAH!:

Here's my enchanting table setup, placed in a BoP volcano Biome.
a26Cmqu.png

It really goes better in forests, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: DanteGalileo